This role is primarily responsible for IT infrastructure and operations in a mission-critical, 24x7 environment. The person filling this role needs to be innovative, proactive, diligent and have the ability to multi-task in a high-volume, highly-regulated environment. This position provides an escalation point for technology issues. This is an experienced position and requires minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Problem-solving: Demonstrates excellent application of inductive and deductive analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Uses reasoning methods appropriate to the situation. Logically analyzes issues and proposes rational course(s) of action. Able to balance business and systems engineering requirements and outcomes.
2) Functions with a great deal of autonomy, managing work appropriately according to strategic and tactical priorities. Proactively reaches out for assistance from colleagues, organizing teams when appropriate. Assertively and respectfully drives successful outcomes within organizational and regulatory constraints.
3) Projects: Leads small projects and initiatives. Provides project technical support and implementation on larger projects. Advises on industry best practices for IT/cloud infrastructure and operations to mitigate security, technical, and operational risks. Documents findings and communicates proactively to stakeholders.
4) Maintenance: Coordinates with associated vendors and managed service partners to maintain telecommunications, email, and other Unified Communications systems and administrative toolsets. Adds, configures and decommissions services as necessary. Performs required operational activities to remain in compliance with regulatory, information security, policies & procedures.
5) Performs troubleshooting as required. Leads technical problem-solving efforts, including those involving other departments, vendors and third parties. Communicates clearly, proactively and regularly regarding issue status to stakeholders. Documents issues and resolutions. Provides estimates and updates for time to resolution.
6) Backup & recovery: Performs system, application and data backup and recovery as assigned. Implements new systems as recoverable and highly available / resilient according to business and regulatory requirements. Documents, implements and tests IT business continutiy and disaster recovery plans.
7) Asset management: Ensures that asset inventory is properly maintained and asset lifecycles are documented. Provides plans for end of support/end of life equipment, ensuring that plans and requirements are 12-18 months in advance of need.
8) Capacity management: Proactively monitors, troubleshoots and optimizes existing environment. Provides plans for capacity increases 12-18 months in advance of when required. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning. Documents issues and resolutions. Takes action to prevent potential outages.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from four-year college or technical school and at least 5-10 years related experience.
Expertise in Msoft technologies
Active Directory and Office365
Citrix and VMware experience a plus
Azure and hybrid environment experience
Scripting experience (Powershell)