FOR IMMEDIATE DETAILS ABOUT THIS POSITION, contact ANY of us direct, referencing the job# below:
RASHMI KHULLAR: (949) 860-4705 // RKhullar@calance.com
MICHELL CASEY: (949) 860-4715 // MCasey@calance.com
** We will NOT accept 3rd Party/Corp to Corp (C2C) consultants **
Position: SQL Server Database Developer
JOB REF#: 15718
Duration: 12+ Months (On-going Contract)
Location: Torrance, CA 90501 (on-site only)
Rate: Open, depends on exp level (W2 Only)
SQL Server Database Developer, who has experience with online transaction systems, production websites used for large databases production environments with real-time transactions. This resource MUST have experience developing/designing databases, creating stored procedures, data models and developing SSIS packages. They need to have experience with high volume public websites, writing and troubleshooting procedures. They will support Connect to Consumer B2C Applications. They provide production support and project development for consumer facing websites. This includes developing, maintaining and supporting public online high traffic websites. This resource will need to describe their experience with SQL Server SSIS and Stored Procedures. They need someone who has supported high performance HIGH TRAFFIC production/public website. They will work with web developers and understanding the requirements from the website, from the application tiers so they can write the source procedures and optimize the tables and queries so that they can get high performance on the website. We are NOT looking for a DBA, reporting or back-end analysts type of resource.
•• Experience creating databases, data models and stored procedures.
•• Work with development teams to create into development and push into production, where the DBA will support into production.
- Optimizes database access and allocates/re‐allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
- Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration
- Assists in setting department policies and strategies on data management issues
- Configures database parameters, and prototype designs against logical data models
- Supports multiple services and multiple databases of medium to high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data
- Provide Database development for public websites.
- Troubleshoot and correct bugs/defects related to database objects.
- Optimize queries and identify bottlenecks in OLTP
- Analyze, design and code database enhancements.
- Perform unit, system and integration testing of database objects as appropriate.
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: (Resume must reflect this experience)
•• 5+ years’ experience as SQL Server Database Developer, creating/designing databases, developing SSIS, creating stored procedures, and data models.
•• MUST have experience with public ONLINE TRANSACTION SYSTEMS WEBSITES
•• MUST have experience with online transaction processing OLTP (not reporting) and high traffic websites (large company websites/NOT intranet web sites)
•• MUST have exp developing SQL Server Stored Procedures and optimize table and queries.
•• Experience developing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
•• MUST have exp working with public web sites, able to create source procedures, optimized tables and queries.
•• MUST have experience in and SQL Server Report Services (SSRS) batch jobs/processing
•• MUST have experience with T-SQL, writing optimization stored procedures, and SSIS batch processing jobs
•• Experience analyzing, designing, developing, evaluating complex databases and stored procedures.
Other Must Have's:
- Must be able to work as a W2 hourly consultant
- Must reside LOCALLY (S. California) area
- Must have a stable work history, working in a similar role
- Must have EXCELLENT oral communication skills
- MUST be available for a face to face interview
- Education: BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
•• Proficient in C# for SSIS development.
•• Must have experience with Powershell and VB scripting
•• Experience with XML is desired
Calance Benefits Offerings:
- H1 Transfers/Green Card processing is available
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits (HMO/PPO)
- 401K Retirement program
- Paid Bi-Weekly/Direct Deposit
- Flex Spending Plan
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, STD or LTD plans