Summary - This person will work closely with a small tight-knit team of application analysts and developers who build a variety of solutions and will own their projects from inception to coding to deployment and production support. This developer will be primary resource working with and building solutions for our client's main logistics application and/or any one of the many integrated solutions such as: CRM, imaging, reporting, etc… Solutions will include application development, integration systems, custom and ad hoc reports, and a variety of other software. A variety of tools exist in the development environment and so an eclectic mix of tools experience is preferred, which may include SQL, Java, Perl, DB2, MS SQL Server, etc.
Essential duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Helpdesk Support for assigned applications and processes.
- Manage and complete a portfolio of smaller projects (<80 hours) through the complete Life Cycle – requirements through implementation.
- Act as a team member on a large multi-member team/project or Act as a project/technical lead on smaller multi-member team/projects.
o Act as a programmer analyst for portion of project – design and code.
o Define complex business and technical requirements for portion of larger projects.
o Analyze requirements and issues to determine best approach to meet needs.
o Develop solution options to solve a technical challenge.
o Be expert several programming languages; able to coach others in that technology.
o Develop and execute test plans.
o Implement code into production and develop validation processes.
o Work with vendors and business team members.
- Share knowledge with teammates.
- Take general direction from leadership.
Competencies – Should excel in most areas:
- Technically Capable – As a member of a small team a strong portfolio of technical skills are required and must be grown. This includes new technology evaluation/assessment.
- Excellent Communicator – Written and Verbal. Must keep IT team, business and external partners informed. Document and communicate status for projects and activities.
- Team Player – Must be able to participate in various roles. Large projects require strong teammates.
- Self-Starter – Don’t wait to be told, this position is empowered to get things down.
- Vision – Balance the short term with the long term goals of the team and company.
- Process Driven – Automate, standardize, and monitor.
- Problem Solver – Understand the details, as well as, the big picture.
- Independent – Able to complete tasks with only some direction.
- Multi-tasker – Manage multiple tasks with varying priorities.
- Business Minded – Understand the business and think of IT as a critical business function. Able to manage priorities and do simple ROI and Cost Benefit analysis.
Other Skills/Qualifications - Must have significant/expert experience in one or more of the following:
- Targeting application support and development using some combination of tools including Boomi, SQL, XML, Synergize etc.
- Experience with DB2 or MS SQL Server.
- EDI, Salesforce.com integration support using Boomi, SQL stored procedures, VL Trader.
- Business Analysis, Project Management, Test Plan Development, and ITIL.
- Experience with Transportation Systems (specifically TruckMate).
- Application Level Database Administration.
- Data Analysis/Dashboarding/Reporting – Crystal Reports and MS Power BI
- Business Process Development.