ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Senior Programmer Analyst will work closely with a small tight-knit team of application analysts and developers who build a variety of solutions and will own their projects from inception through coding, deployment and production support.
Solutions will include application development, integration of systems, custom and ad hoc reports, and a variety of other software. A variety of tools exist in the development environment and so an eclectic mix of tools experience is preferred, which may include SQL, Java, Perl, C#, DB2, MS SQL Server, Angular and .NET Core would be great to have
- Provide helpdesk support for assigned applications and processes.
- Manage and complete a portfolio of smaller projects (<80 hours) through the complete Life Cycle – requirements through implementation.
- Act as a team member on a large multi-member team/project and act as a project/technical lead on smaller multi-member team/projects.
- Define complex business and technical requirements for portion of larger projects.
- Analyze requirements and issues to determine best approach to meet needs.
- Develop solution options to solve technical challenges.
- Have expert knowledge in several programming languages; able to coach others in that technology.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Implement code into production and develop validation processes.
- Partner with vendors and business team members.
- Share knowledge with teammates
- Take general direction from leadership.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to keep IT team, business and external partners informed of status for projects and activities
- Able to participate in various roles on both large and small projects and work well with teammates.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with varying priorities.
- Able to balance the short term and long-term goals of the team and company.
- Process Driven – Automate, standardize, and monitor.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Business Minded – Understand the business and think of IT as a critical business function.
- Able to manage priorities and do simple ROI and Cost Benefit analysis.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member and leader of a small team.
- Able to evaluate and assess new technology.
- Experience providing application support and development using some combination of tools including Boomi, SQL, XML, Synergize etc.
- Knowledge and experience with EDI integrations using Boomi and SQL stored procedures.
- Experience with DB2 or MS SQL Server and application level database administration.
- Demonstrated experience performing business analysis, project management, test plan development, data analysis and ITIL skills.
- Experience with data analysis, developing dashboards and reporting using tools such as Crystal Reports.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or University.
- 7 or more years of programmer/analyst experience.
- 3 or more years of experience developing and supporting SQL stored procedures.
- 3 or more years of transportation and/or TMW TruckMate experience is desirable.