It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business
Do you consider yourself a Performance Test Engineer who is highly motivated, passionate about what you do, and love a wide variety of challenges? If so, then keep reading!
WHAT PROBLEMS WILL YOU BE SOLVING?
Our Research and Development organization is looking for an innovative Performance Test Engineer who will be responsible for preparing performance test strategy and performance test plans along with executing performance tests. Responsibilities also include reporting test results, capacity planning, and working closely with developers for in-depth analysis to find and rectify the root cause of any performance issues.
- Create test strategy and test plans for performance and load testing on large-scale enterprise applications
- Develop robust test scripts that accurately reflect expected user load
- Execute planned performance, stress, and load testing on our applications
- Collect and analyze key performance measurements to determine performance characteristics and trends of our applications
- Create, maintain, and expand automation used to run performance tests on regular intervals
- Set up and maintain performance/endurance test labs used for testing
- Work cross functionally to gather input on test scenarios
- Drive continuous performance monitoring and improvement to ensure reliability, stability, and scalability of our applications
- Partner with product and operations to capacity plan needed hardware to support production releases.
- Work closely with operations to diagnose production performance issues
WHAT SKILLS WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL?
- Good troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills for design/specification reviews
- Strong analytical skills to analyze performance metrics, find bottleneck, and draw conclusions about how enterprise systems operate under load.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members, senior support personnel, high level personnel and customers
- Familiarity with the product development lifecycle and requirements at each stage of the lifecycle and knowledge of the role that Performance testing plays at each stage of the lifecycle
- A good understanding of coding structure and techniques
- The ability to adapt to quickly changing work environments
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR YOU TO APPLY?
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 5+ year experience in performance testing
- 5+ year experience with web-load performance testing and its analysis
- Strong expertise in load test tools - HP Performance Center, JMeter, LoadRunner, or any other performance measurement tools
- Proficient at performance trouble shooting (heap dump & thread dump analysis)
- Enthusiastic and curiosity about performance bottlenecks from observed behaviors and going the extra miles to understand root cause in the complicated test conditions
- Ability to lead performance optimization efforts with a strong command of complex performance issues and the ability to direct component owners
WHAT VALUES ARE IMPORTANT TO CALABRIO?
- Collaboration amongst teams
- Open communication across the company
- Customer Success!