The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) is seeking a customer service focused client services manager to support our corporate sponsors, partnerships, and advertisers. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and truly enjoy wearing many hats, this might be the job for you. The Senior Program Manager, Business Development will build relationships with corporate sponsorship account managers and be their point person for sponsorship activation. A team-oriented mentality and ability to work with many departments such as Marketing and Events will be the key to success. This role is all about relationship building internally and externally. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer and is located in Berkeley, CA.
- Manage one (1) Program Manager, responsible for activating and fulfilling sponsorship agreements as well as one (1) Sales Coordinator assisting with sponsorship and advertising sales.
- Develop and manage the Royalty / Business Development budget and track revenues vs. expenditures.
- Ensure contract fulfillment for CAA Affinity Partners and California magazine advertisers
- Develop and maintain relationships with California magazine advertisers and CAA Affinity Partners.
- Retain and upsell partners during their contract renewal period, including the development of renewal proposals.
- Oversee coordination of advertising commitments and artwork for California magazine advertisers and Affinity Partners.
- Collaborate with internal CAA program areas to identify in-kind product and service needs.
- Approve annual recaps created and distributed to each Affinity Partner by the Program Manager.
- Prepare sales presentation materials and periodically attend client meetings with the goal of securing new sponsorship revenue for CAA in the range of $10,000 - $100,000 annually per sponsor.
- Assist Chief Revenue Officer with the University Partnership Program on campus to secure new business partners that are University-wide and benefit CAA. These are often multi-year and multi-million dollar agreements.
- Research and prospect sales leads and maintain a contact database.
- Research industry best practices. Recommend and implement new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed.
- Collaborate with all CAA departments involved in fulfillment, such as Marketing/Communications, Development, and Events to create sales proposals and to come up with new revenue generating ideas.
- Create and deliver activation programs that achieve maximum results for each partner.
- Support sponsors at CAA events as appropriate, including occasional support on weekends or weekday evenings.
- Collaborate with on-campus departments and partners to maximize revenue sharing.
- 3-5 years of marketing, communications, and/or sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated supervisory/management experience and experience building effective teams.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to operate independently, organize, lead and supervise.
- Skilled in copywriting and editing.
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation/public speaking, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and Google platforms, including online tools, spreadsheets, and word processing applications.
- Knowledge of online communications metrics and reporting tools including Google Analytics.
- Experience in program evaluation, metrics, and ROI (return on investment) analysis.
- Ability to work independently, and with teams, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify, implement and cultivate mutually beneficial and strategic partnerships.
- Able to lift boxes of 20 pounds and willing to move equipment and supplies around campus.
- Strong analytical abilities; the ability to create, improve and document processes.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be highly organized.
- Must submit to and pass Consumer Report Investigation and FBI/DOJ fingerprint background checks.
- Must possess a valid CA driver's license and clean driving record.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends to support CAA and campus-wide events in addition to assigned work-shift.
- Alumni Relations experience.
- Sales experience
- Familiarity with basic website tools and introductory HTML.
- Working knowledge of UC Berkeley and/or the Cal Alumni Association.
- UC Berkeley alumnus/a.
Salary and Benefits:
This is an at-will, full-time position classified as exempt. The annualized salary range is $75,000-$80,000 and is eligible for CAA sponsored benefits. CAA offers a competitive benefits package, participation in a 403(b) with company match, and generous paid time-off benefits. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
The position is located at our offices in Berkeley, CA, on the University of California, Berkeley campus.
Please email your cover letter and resume with "Business Development" in the subject line. Please send your materials in DOC or PDF formats only. Deadline to submit your material is Friday, February 22, 2019, however, the position will be open until filled.
The Cal Alumni Association serves the community of Cal alumni and students by providing lifelong connections to each other and to the University of California, Berkeley. Founded in 1872, the CAA has grown into one of the largest dues-paying associations of alumni in the world. CAA is located at the Alumni House on the University of California, Berkeley campus; however, we are an independent not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. Please visit our web site atalumni.berkeley.edufor more information.
Cal Alumni Association
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-7520
Toll Free: 1-888-CAL-ALUM
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Business Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Communications: 3 years (Preferred)
- Marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules