The Restaurant / Event Manager is a key member of team CJBB , working closely with the chef and kitchen staff in the marke@ng, planning and execu@on of banquets/private events and
special events. He or she will serve as the first point of contact for all events and will work
closely with the Execu@ve Chef; he or she holds ul@mate responsibility for client sa@sfac@on
regarding all events at Cajun. The Restaurant/Event Manager is also responsible for overseei ng day--to--day restaurant opera@ons and ensuring that restaurant patrons enjoy the
best possible dining experience.
Du,es and responsibili,es
- Coordina@ng the en@re opera@on of the restaurant during scheduled shiLs;
- Managing staff throughout their shiL and providing them with feedback;
- Handling customer requests and complaints;
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's dress and service standards;
- Gree@ng and sea@ng customers and organizing table reserva@ons;
- Recrui@ng, training and mo@va@ng staff;
- Organizing and supervising the shiLs of waitstaff, event staff, and front--of--house cleaning staff.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, health and safety;
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies;
- Preparing cash drawers and providing peRy cash as required;
- Helping out in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
- Handling pre--event coordina@on, including responding to phone and email requests for event menus and pricing, crea@ng event proposals, and following up with poten@al clients;
- Mee@ng with poten@al clients to discuss event plans and event setup and menu op@ons;
Event Manager Job Descrip@on -- Page 1 / 3
- SeYng up and organizing event area and working with cellar crew to arrange set up of large-- scale items (barrels, tables/chairs, other furniture);
- Maintaining a visible working presence and serving as client point--of--contact during all events;
- Preparing event contracts and post--event invoices;
- Responding to event--related client requests and complaints;
- Tracking and evalua@ng event costs and profits.
Event marke,ng du,es
- Marke@ng Cajun as an event site to offsite customers
- Forging rela@onships with event vendors and others in the hospitality industry to create cross--promo@onal marke@ng and referral rela@onships;
- ARending local area networking mee@ngs to promote the CJBB event facilities.
- Working with the chief and director to develop addi@onal strategies for marke@ng.
A solid knowledge of fine dining procedures, restaurant opera@ons are essen@al. Preference
will be given to applicants who demonstrate an understanding of the principles of food and
beverage produced by CJBB. Cajun is a service--oriented establishment, and excep@onal
customer service skills are an absolute necessity. The ability to mul@--task in a fast--paced work
environment is key.
- A valid drivers' license and an acceptable driving record or the ability to transport yourself to and from various work loca@ons.
- Ability to liL 50 pounds.
- Other combina@ons of educa@on and experience demonstra@ng the knowledge, skills, and abili@es required to perform the job will also be considered.
Event Manager Job Descrip@on -- Page 2 / 3
Pay and Benefits
The Restaurant / Event Manager will be paid hourly and will be expected to work a minimum of
40--45 hours per week. He or she will also receive hourly pay, along with a commission based on
the gratuity generated through private events and parties
The restaurant/event manager will undergo a trial period of three months. During that @me, he/she will be expected to adhere to a schedule conducive to the demands of the Cajun's business and their patrons unless a schedule variance is requested and granted ahead of @me:
ALer the three month trial period, a salary and schedule review will be performed. The
Restaurant / Event Manager will receive benefits as follows:
- Employer--paid time off (90--day wait period)
- 20 percent discount for family members and friends
Event Manager Job Descrip@on -- Page 3 / 3
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Orland Park, IL (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Weekends required
- Holidays required