Department: Credit and Risk Department
Reports to: Director of Risk Management
Function: To continually improve the administrative effectiveness of the Credit and Risk Department by preparing and maintaining organized customer and Department files. Maximize CAI's risk and collection results by providing administrative and computer support for customer credit analysis, collection efforts, default recovery and customer default insurance claims.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily monitory of outstanding balances vs credit limits
- Review and release sales invoice on credit hold based on established guidelines.
- Maintain customer credit profile by entering, updating, and retrieving data.
- Prepare outstanding accounts reports and gather credit and/or reference information for review of credit limits assigned to existing and new customer
- Administrative interface with outside credit agencies (Dynamar and Creditsafe). Record credit score results in the credit profile on deluxe and distribute reports within CAI if needed.
- Prepare monthly regional accounts receivable and insurance reports and distribute to the field and assigned customers.
- Prepare standard monthly reports using Excel and BI platforms.
- Regularly update credit review progress summary and dashboard
- Coordinate with Marketing managers and customers to address and resolve delinquencies.
- Pursue collection of assigned repair and depot accounts. Work through and resolve (in some cases with regional office interface) monthly offsets with accounts payable to clear outstanding receivables balances.
- Follow up on past due accounts for repairs in USA by sending reminder and statement via email and phone call if necessary
- Generate customer (current and historical) account reconciliations for collection purposes.
- Prepare, document and file account's receivable write-offs, offsets and refunds.
- File UCC Financing statement for lease/purchase agreements (filed with the office of the secretary of state, Washington DC for foreign accounts and with the state of incorporation or organization for domestic accounts)
- Collect and maintain insurance certificates for leasing customers globally
- Collect and maintain insurance certificates for depots globally
- Provides credit reference to credit reporting companies and third party creditors
- Confirm customer balance for audit purposes
- Prepare recovery invoices for payment and rebill (with approval signature, supporting documents, unit listing with owner/pool breakdown and fees, copy of payment proof from CAI)
- Support Credit Risk Director in daily job tasks......this includes filing, faxing, printing, photocopying and scanning.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
- Elementary Accounting Knowledge
- 5+ years' work experience within Shipping, Shipping Agency or Container leasing fields
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Strong attention to detail and professional communication
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time