DEPARTMENT: CAHRD Information Technology
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2018IT - DA01
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 27, 2018
SALARY/WAGE: $48,280.32 annually
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Database Administrator is responsible to administer, manage, design, document, and evaluate a variety of database management systems; performs complex technical, analytical and professional services involving a program/member services, evaluation, database-driven websites, office operations support, and problem resolution. Provides all data-driven support to the entire organization.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Administrates SQL and Filemaker databases.
- Develops changes to databases (SQL and Filemaker).
- Develops simple query programs to generate reports or to assist system users in generating reports.
- Assists users by authorizing access to various databases to meet individual needs without compromising system security.
- Develop manuals, courseware and curricula.
- Works with Departments to customize solutions for IT and/or reporting needs.
- Ensure Information Systems are secure and implement safeguard measures.
- Establish and facilitate the plan to connect all CAHRD organizations with one Information Systems Management (ISM) infrastructure via centralized resources to one ISM unit.
- Liaison with Human Resources Development Canada (HRDC) for any organizational data requests.
- Provides back up support to the help desk when required.
- Work with all staff to identify, establish and facilitate Information System needs and update all current records pertaining to Information Systems.
- Plan and forecast for any upcoming changes to Information Systems.
- Ensure statistical upload to HRDC is completed.
- Maintain and uphold confidentiality guidelines as outlined in policy.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of CAHRD.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Relevant post-secondary education related to information technology with at least 1 year of experience in Database Administration and Development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of personal computer operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, Database Systems, SQL, Filemaker and internet use.
- Strong skills in communication (verbal and written); time management; critical thinking; decision making and organizational management.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when dealing with challenging situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, technical experts and other employees.
- Ability to resolve basic hardware and software problems.
- Ability to train professional and clerical staff in routine systems use.
- Knowledge of agency programs as related to information collection, management, and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of operation, care, and adjustment of computer peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Indigenous community in Winnipeg.
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
Submit your cover letter and resume to employerrep(at)abcentre.org by 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 27, 2018.
Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates (Status, Non-status, Metis, or Inuit). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,280.32 /year