- Prepares monthly financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger, supporting documents and property staff.
- Prepares general ledger entries, reconciles balance sheet accounts and maintains work paper files.
- Assists in preparing payments by accruing expenses and processing disbursements.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and participating in professional organizations.
- Various projects as requested by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Accounting fundamentals
- Attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication
- Time management
- Microsoft office (particularly excel) proficient
Experience and Education:
- Two to three years of public or industry accounting experience
- Bachelors (Masters preferred) degree in accounting
- CPA license candidate
- $50,000 to $60,000 depending on experience and qualifications
CAF Management is a results oriented, multi-family property management company seeking a staff accountant. Candidates must be highly motivated, detail oriented and operate with a high degree of integrity. This position will report directly to the Controller, and as the candidate and company continue to grow, this role provides a clear path for advancement. The foundation of our business is built on the relationships we have with our residents, employees and investors. Accordingly, candidates must have a high degree of emotional intelligence and be able to communicate effectively both in written and verbal forms.
People Matter. Performance Counts.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off