Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is primarily responsible in supporting the regional sales team with coordination in all sample requests for delivery to customers (includes receiving, organizing and shipping all product sample requests and shipments through the regional warehouse). Secondary, this role will support the ON Warehouse team as a Material Handler when required.
This fast-paced role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to react quickly and effectively to assist in resolving customer-related issues and answering queries.
- Organize, assemble and put away all samples by product
- Ensure that all samples and marketing material such as brochures are kept at required stock levels at all times.
- Receive requests for samples and prepare for shipping or pickup
- Conduct regular inventory of samples and ensure a proper supply is available
- Receive and maintain marketing and promotional material
- Ensure all requests for samples are dealt with in a timely manner, and quality of samples prior to distribution
- Ensure Occupational Health & Safety policies are followed at all times throughout the warehouse and the rest of the facility.
- Carry out all aspects of warehousing, loading/unloading containers/vehicles, pick and pack, as well as general housekeeping of warehouse in an accurate and efficient manner while following all assigned procedures as set by the business, including:
- Drive forklift in a safe and responsible manner to load and unload slabs onto customer's vehicles and shipping containers, ensuring delivery docket matches what has been loaded onto customer's truck
- Unload containers which arrive daily. Scanning receipts according to procedure.
- Load and unload trucks for transfer of stock to or from other branches. Accurately recording stock on IPR (Inbound Product Report)
- Participate in monthly inventory counts.
- Cleaning/maintenance of the warehouse and yard.
- Post-secondary education (college/university) an asset
- Current license/certification on Forklift and Overhead Crane operation, would be ideal
- Professional presentation, work ethic and behaviour
- Positive and "can do" attitude, and a confident, polite manner
- Thorough, high attention to detail, strong organizational skills
- Effective team player, works efficiently to get the job done
- Excellent listening skills and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computer programs, database, Microsoft software (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, Oracle)
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 80lbs for samples coordination.
The candidate will show leadership and initiative. They will demonstrate an entrepreneurial flair and will have creativity and self-motivation. They must be able to work independently and must have the capacity to multitask. Furthermore, they must be able to bring initiatives to full completion without close supervision.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Caesarstone is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Caesarstone Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 3 years (Preferred)
- Showroom: 3 years (Preferred)