A sales professional with a love of design, and the desire to be a part of a high performing team. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Account Manager will have a keen interest in sales. The successful candidate will have both a strong customer service orientation and a proven selling style. He/she will be responsible for the following key areas:
- Business Development & Key Account Management - Develop and sustain relationships, as the manufacturer representative, between the company and Fabricators, Architects and Designers, Kitchen & Bath Retailers, Builder Decor Centers, Millwork, and Case Goods
- Develop Strategy - work with peers and the management team to enhance and develop strategies to improve approaches in the above markets and increase market share
- Maintain existing relationships, develop new relationships, and network to grow market share with all sizes of accounts within the region through regular customer visits and product knowledge sessions
- Provide samples, literature, and other marketing tools in support of the brand and product in your specific market
- Ensure all customer issues are dealt with proactively and effectively, keeping management informed of any issues/problems that may escalate
- Maintain an open line of communication with the Regional Manager, providing regular input on all account activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis
- Work closely with the Technical Service Team in order to provide installers with the necessary product knowledge
- Efficiently utilize and leverage corporate sales database for tracking, maintaining, analyzing and managing customer requirements
- Monitor and manage appropriate levels of merchandising materials and samples in the region
- Proactively support the rollout of various regional and national organizational initiatives, ensuring all markets have necessary information to ensure successful completion of work
- Communicate internally among team to maximize opportunities with customers
- Support national trade marketing and marketing initiatives with excellence
- Develop and maintain a high degree of product and industry knowledge (e.g. attend industry events, trade shows, membership associations)
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- University degree in business or related field; 3 - 5 years of experience in the Building Material and/or Kitchen and Bath Industry
- Proven track record in delivering results and adding significant value in building Brand Equity
- Strong client relationship skills with strong track record of excellence in achieving sales targets
- Dependable and team oriented with a history of being able to work independently
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- High level of proficiency with IT systems
- Regular travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day.
- Ability to travel to, attend, and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely
The candidate will show leadership and initiative. They will demonstrate an entrepreneurial flair and will have creativity and self-motivation. They must be able to work independently and must have the capacity to multitask. Furthermore, they must be able to bring initiatives to full completion without close supervision.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Design: 3 years (Preferred)