Role and Responsibilities
Version française à venir.
Provides technical leadership for the design, development, production, test and sell off of simulation training devices. Applies mature engineering knowledge and planning. Fosters the development of a common vision, provides technical direction and priorities; clarifies roles and responsibilities within the team. Acts as technical link between CAE and customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for arranging and directing technical activities of large scale programs, coordinates engineering activities across many disciplines.
- Ensures that company’s flight simulation product matches the aircraft, meets contractual requirements and all functional areas within engineering are compliant to the technical requirements for each assigned project
- Schedules and coordinates hardware and software integration phase
- Commands a clear understanding of Hardware and Software Integration issues
- Implements, mitigation plans and/or corrective measures for issues that are not compliant to requirements
- Provides technical expertise during subjective and objective evaluations of training devices
- Manages the resolution of all acceptance faults. Participate in installations and final sell-off of training devices. Coordinate and review technical/operational deliverables prior to submission to customer. Responsible for training device from requirements to final acceptance
- Authors, coordinates and leads presentations of formal reviews with customers as required by assigned project
- Provides support for Project Managers on all technical matters. Act as the focal point for all customer technical matters with hands on solutions to hardware and software problems.
- Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost estimate reviews - Firm Fixed Price cost estimate reviews - Technical Specification generation and reviews - Responses to Request for Proposal (RFP) - Technical supervision and assessment of sub-contracted efforts
- Bachelor of Engineering or Computer Science with minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Self-motivated, result-oriented, dynamic, team player.
- Demonstrate flexibility and strong project and assigned tasks ownership as well as ability to work and make decisions unsupervised.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Excellent communication skills and written skill (English).
- Strong planning and organizational skill. Ability to adapt quickly to changes in technology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Availability to travel to various locations for on-site work.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Must be eligible to obtain ITAR clearance.
- Knowledge of CAE software and applications is an asset (OneUI, Starteam, Strive framework, Visual System, etc).
- Understanding computer interfaces is required (Ethernet, 1553, Arinc)
- Flight simulation experience with detailed knowledge of flight simulator hardware and software technology.
- Must demonstrate the ability to create and understand technical documents related to aircraft, computers, electronics and flight simulation technology.
PE; Project Engineer; Project Expert; Product Specialist.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CAE is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.
The masculine gender is used throughout this job description solely to make the text easier to read and therefore applies to both men and women.