In 1981, the Buonavolanto family opened its first restaurant in Berwyn with $5,000. Through many years of hard work, the company has grown to four different divisions, including 23 Buona Beef restaurant locations…and counting!
Buona Beef is a brand filled with passion, growth, and bringing joy to others! We’re the fastest growing family owned and operated restaurant in Chicagoland, and we have no plans on stopping that growth anytime soon. We’re committed to our family and performance-based culture, where developing and promoting our team from within always comes first. Many of our managers, corporate employees and department heads have started their careers as team members and worked their way up in the company. You won’t find another company that genuinely cares about developing talent as much as we do.
Beyond Events, the upscale, off-premise catering division of one of the Midwest’s largest family owned food service/catering companies is seeking an experienced and dynamic CATERING SALES EXECUTIVE.
The Sales Executive will be responsible for building and increasing catering sales for Beyond Events through developing relationships with clients, event planners, and venues. He or she is expected to be a trusted partner who is passionate about sales, the food & beverage industry, and possesses a strong work ethic.
- ability to interpret the business goals of beyond events and apply sales techniques to expedite the achievement of those goals
- solid business judgment and strong verbal and written communication skills
- detail oriented, logical, analytical and methodological in approach to event planning
- self-starter with proven sales track record
- computer skills including proficiency in microsoft word, excel, publisher, and the internet.
- 5 years experience in chicago market in sales or sales management preferably in off-premise catering
Essential duties and responsibilities::
- establish strategies and objectives with directors of catering specific to the beyond events strategic sales plan
- develop and grow leads provided by marketing initiatives, self-motivation, and networking
- explore all major events and activities throughout the market to identify sales opportunities
- explore and solicit indoor and outdoor venues for inclusion on preferred catering vendor lists
- establish and coordinate marketing initiatives (including open houses, trade-shows, etc.)
- plan menus and events through event proposals with customers and use the opportunity to utilize suggestive selling techniques
- maintain customer database and past-event files
- maintain on-going contact with catering customers through thank you letters, follow-up
calls, seeking feedback on catering orders and requesting referrals
- utilize reports to track customers, sales, projected sales, new business opportunities,
etc. and analyze sales trends to maximize sales results
- keep management abreast of progress through logs, attending weekly meetings and scheduling events in event calendar.