The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact and convey the Bunzl message. The work requires a creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time management, budget and deadlines.
- Meeting with marketing team to determine marketing/advertising approach to a project
- Developing creative concept to meet those marketing needs
- Contributing ideas to the marketing strategy, ie. promotional ideas, deals on products, etc.
- Provide art direction to photographer
- Work with copy writer for content
- Manipulate and COB images in Photoshop
- Develop interactive ads and banners
- Work with outside vendors such as printers, photographers, etc.
- Work with product vendors to obtain Co-Op funds
- Proof reading and preparing work to be sent to printer
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or Associates degree and a minimum of 10 years as a working graphic designer.
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proven creative and visual skills through a portfolio review
- Knowledge of both print and web processes
- Able to multi-task projects
- Flexibility: Patience in amending designs to meet changing marketing focus or client comments. A matter-of-fact approach when ideas or designs are rejected
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Good team working skills
- Awareness of competitive environment in which they work
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.