Director, e-Commerce & Marketing
e-Commerce & Marketing
President & CEO
The Director of e-Commerce and Marketing is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional partners, vendors, and their direct reports to manage all of the e-Commerce, social media and print media Marketing aspects of the business including but not limited to business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns, website design, customer satisfaction, analytics, web technology, brand evolution, and program maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with the leadership team to develop and execute e-Commerce, social media and print strategies designed to drive profitability and evolve the business so that it remains relevant and profitable.
- Ensure brand integrity of all marketing campaigns and alignment of the customer experience in regards to these campaigns whether online, via social media or instore.
- Work with Cross functional partners, vendors, and direct reports to assess root cause for problems that may arise and/or currently exist within the e-Commerce, social media or print platforms, brainstorm and execute solutions that will resolve the problem and improve business results in the short and long term.
- Assist in establishing short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Partners with Sr. Management and stakeholders to develop the e-Commerce experience portfolio, define key strategies, maintain existing programs and create a roadmap that will enable the company to achieve their annual business objectives.
- Lead the team in the development and execution of departmental goals and action plans that are directly tied to measurable results ensuring timely and consistent execution.
- Work with team managers to troubleshoot problems and manage workload, vacation/absenteeism scheduling and management, and departmental goal achievement.
- Ensure department has the bench strength and training support required for team development and individual position goal achievement.
- Responsible for consistently and effectively communicating the Brand Vision, and Company mission, initiatives and objectives to the business, it's customers and the direct report team through organized, scheduled, budgeted and preapproved venues.
- Communications must maintain brand integrity, be professional, timely, thorough and proactive whenever possible.
- Act as a liaison and department representative with other departments and franchisees on various e-Commerce and marketing matters.
- Communicate and provide post mortem program analytics to impacted parties in a timely manner.
- Ensure that trends of underperformance are formally addressed, with clear and documented performance improvement plans.
- Formally recognize strong performers within the department.
- Manage direct reports and support team managers in the management of their teams towards Company standards of performance.
- Ensure the overall people plan of the team reflects high standards, bench and succession planning, coupled with consistent mentoring and people development.
- Lead regular team manager and one on one meetings.
- Analyze e-Commerce, marketing & promotional data, determine trends and program effectiveness, make recommendations for future programs and provide senior management with reports, as required.
- Investigation and implementation of process improvements.
- Day-to-day management and resolution of complex issues within the department.
- Provide managers with appropriate support and coaching to assist them in resolving issues within their team or assigned workload.
- Oversee the annual e-Commerce and Marketing department budget.
- Drive business results/KPI's by leveraging data both for driving change and measuring impact of delivery.
- Serve as a voice of the customer and acts as a customer experience advocate in considering decisions that will positively impact the customer.
- Influence the organization to build and deliver a best in class e-Commerce experience.
- Collaborate with finance, merchandising, IT, Legal, and Operation teams to refine and continually evolve the e-Commerce experience against the competitive landscape.
- Closely monitors market, customer needs, and trends and works within a cross-functional environment to translate into future enhancements and new experiences.
- Balances scope of projects against one another to determine how to make the most efficient use of resources to create the greatest level of value for the Company.
- Develops clear and complete business cases and business requirements and presents to Sr. Management the information necessary to make informed approval, prioritization and tradeoff decisions.
- Ensures all relevant parties and key stakeholders are informed of project status from concept through to launch.
- Develops and maintains a model for tracking the effectiveness of new features and trends.
- Structures and manages relationships with third party partners as appropriate.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects as required.
- Stay current on changing e-Commerce and Marketing trends that could positively impact the Company and keeps the company current and relevant.
- Apply past professional experiences to current job requirements.
- Responsible for ongoing working knowledge of strengths/weaknesses, competitive advantages/disadvantages, key vendors/players, whitespace opportunities, etc.
- Ensure all programs, documents, reports and communications generated by self and the team is accurate, print ready and meets Company standards.
- Ensure department deadlines and timelines are met to the standards set by the Company.
- Ensure all programs, documents, reports and communications generated by self and the team is accurate and provides a clear detailed picture that positions the business to make educated decisions.
Push For Results
- Ensure the department performs their duties in compliance with applicable legislation, accounting principles and Company operating policies and procedures.
- Work with the team managers and indirect reports to ensure all programs, documents, reports and communications are completed with accuracy and on time.
- Work with team managers and indirect reports to ensure the department has the necessary tools required for them to meet the department's operational goals.
- Works collaboratively with co-workers and other departments to build effective relationships and work towards common Company goals and objectives.
- Imparts core knowledge while continually mentoring, guiding and supporting team members.
- Ensure the accuracy of all information produced by e-Commerce and Marketing team to safeguard the management decision making process.
- Ensure Brand integrity and accuracy of all programs whether online, in store or via social media.
Promotes and works to maintain workplace wellness, health and safety, through active compliance with all workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Any other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Ecommerce, Business, or Marketing
- 8 - 10 years' experience supervising, leading or managing an e-Commerce/Marketing team
- 10 - 15 years' experience working under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, time management and problem solving skills
- 10 - 15 years' experience working in E-Commerce / Marketing
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 10 - 15 years' experience exercising flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion
- Strategic thinking with a solid understanding of e-Commerce and Marketing aspects/activities of the retail industry, department and the Company
- Detail-oriented approach with demonstrated analytical proficiency including asking questions and digging for answers
- Good understanding of database design and information architecture
- Demonstrated hands-on execution capabilities with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated success in defining, implementing and advocating effective ecommerce processes, methods and tools
- Expert understanding of e-commerce best practices and experience/technology trends
- Experience with agile development processes and monthly or weekly product release cycles
- Expert at project planning and data analysis
How To Apply
If you meet these requirements and seek a challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls please. No agency calls please.
We'd like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bulk Barn Foods Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. In accordance with the AODA accommodation is available.