Senior Estimator position for a very well-established, leading developer, with an excellent reputation in the industry. This company has a very strong history of high quality projects, and specializes in commercial, residential, and institutional new-build developments ranging $20m-$150m in value.
The company has a collaborative, team-orientated environment, with long-term staff members who stay for the work-life balance, as well as the dynamic high-quality development projects.
The position is based in Vancouver's Lower Mainland.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the contract documents and specifications, to determine overall project requirements (bonding, insurance, etc.) and identify any associated risk factors, including the monitoring of published addenda's that may alter the original scope of the project.
- Complete full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing.
- Establish a critical path schedule on the estimated milestone progress dates and completion timelines in order to meet the contract completion dates.
- Solicit pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and materials, in order to ascertain the lowest price while meeting safety and quality standards.
- Complete final cost estimate of a project through the use of in-house software system, incorporating all labour, equipment, and material data, pricing documentation, overhead and profit margins, and produces a final tender submission for review and approval of the Chief Estimator.
- Assists in the preparation of the final tender documents for submission to the client in order to meet contract deadline submission requirements.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction building estimating, on projects over $20m in value
- Excellent construction knowledge; understand specifications, methods and procedures.
- Very strong understanding of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures.
- Ability to identify risk associated with contract/project documents.
- Advanced skills using estimating software.
Submit your resume to be considered for this position, or contact our senior recruitment team direct at: vancouver @builtsearchgroup.com or 604-670-1162.
Visit our website for more information: www.builtsearchgroup.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year