WHO WE ARE
We are building the future of construction.
Our mission is to make construction safer, faster and more productive. We're building robotic upgrade kits and developing software to automate heavy equipment for construction. We have completed over ten commercial projects, and our machines have a perfect safety record over 6,000+ hours of autonomous operation.
If you share our passion for autonomous vehicles, cutting edge technology and making an impact on a global industry, join us!
Check out our website here: www.builtrobotics.com
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Field Operations Engineer you'll have a broad responsibility deploying our autonomous equipment in the field. You'll be on the front line running our equipment and working closely with our construction customers and partners. In addition, you will work closely with the company's engineering team, identifying feature developments and recommending future products.
Much of our technology also requires running tests on actual hardware, and you will support the engineering team by leading day-to-day operations, debugging, and troubleshooting on the robots. Finally, you will be representing the Built Robotics brand to ensure we always deliver the safest and best product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Deploy autonomous robots on active construction projects
- Ensure performance of seamless, safe and accurate work
- Represent the Built Robotics brand in the field and work with our customers
- Bridge field operations with engineering to ensure the product performs reliably in the field
- Learn how to run the technology and test our robots in the field
- Work with the engineering team on identifying and reproducing bugs
- Maintain sensors, electronics and heavy equipment to keep the fleet operational and minimize downtime.
- Become an expert in construction
- Travel and gain experience on projects across the United States
WHO YOU ARE
- Responsible. You consistently take on important projects and deliver. People know they can rely on you to make sure things get done safely and properly.
- Problem-solver. Don't have the exact tool you need? No problem. You can navigate tricky situations and figure out a solution when you find yourself in a tough spot.
- Entrepreneurial. You know how to operate through ambiguity. You are proactive and a self-starter; you love to hustle, roll up your sleeves (literally), and see projects through.
- Detail-oriented.You love a seamless and organized operation. Whether it's maintaining a tidy shop or running a fleet of autonomous robots, you know the details matter.
- Leader.When you're around, people know things are under control. As the person in charge on our job sites, you are naturally at ease and know how to be in the driver's seat.
- BS in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working with and maintaining heavy equipment or machinery
- Excellent hands-on technical ability, including prototype design and fabrication, soldering, metalworking and woodworking
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in new situations, pick up new skills, and do what it takes to get the job done
- Proven track record of making safety a top priority
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to follow clear processes and maintain documentation
- Comfort around computers and willingness to learn new technology skills
- Ability to drive trucks, operate heavy equipment, and lift 60 lbs
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance — for you, your spouse and children
- Flexible PTO
- A pair of steel-toe boots
If you're interested, please apply here:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Other types of insurance