Hello, We're Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could -- and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago ( http://builtinchicago.com ), we also serve Los Angeles ( http://builtinla.com ), Colorado ( http://builtincolorado.com ), Austin ( http://builtinaustin.com ), New York ( http://builtinnyc.com ), Boston ( http://builtinboston.com ) and Seattle ( http://builtinseattle.com ).
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you'll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.
We're looking for an Account Manager
We are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial Account Manager with a strong track record of high performance. You will be responsible for growing your current book of business, preventing account issues with a proactive approach, and establishing relationships at the C suite level. You are expected to manage a portfolio of accounts and cultivate consistent growth acting as a strategic advisor to your clients.
How you'll contribute
- Increase sales and market share through existing Built In customers
- Own renewal process for 200-250 customers annually
- Develop new relationships within existing customers by leveraging resources including but not limited to LinkedIn and Salesforce
- Contact and meet with decision makers (i.e. C-Suite Executives, hiring managers and TA Leaders) within existing customers to establish business needs, hiring cycles, and build a customer intimate relationship
- Effectively manage business review to multiple stakeholders within existing customers mid-contract
- Prepare and present sales information and effective proposals for customers during renewal
- Partner with Customer Success Team to identify health of each of customer in addition to overall satisfaction level of the partnership with Built In.
What you need
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of relevant sales experience
- 1+ Experience in relationship management
- Proven ability to manage 200-250 customers effectively
- Proven history of exceeding sales quota to ensure growth
- Proven history of meeting sales activity metrics
What We Value
We're revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That's our heritage as a disruptive company -- as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we're ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a "meh." We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don't have all the answers. Luckily, you don't have to. Don't worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask "what if." We work with wonder. It's how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more -- do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.