Are you a back-end developer who LOVES data? Do you want to contribute to and develop architectural solutions from the ground-level? Are you a people-focused, hands-on technology leader? If so, we’re looking for you! The day-to-day of the Lead Software Developer (.NET Back-End) revolves around data, including entity framework data layer, security, API, database, data integrations, data cleanup, etc. within a Microsoft technology stack. You’ll lead a small remote team of back-end developers and collaborate with onsite senior team members to build data models that drive our site, API, and desktop and mobile apps. This role requires that you not only lead but are hands-on with building solutions alongside your team.
Job responsibilities include:
- Works within a highly collaborative core application infrastructure back-end team, including our CTO, to develop and maintain complex API based solutions.
- Solves architectural challenges for a large-scale application involving a high-level of customization (customer configurability, multiple user-types, multi-language support and more) by conducting research on and experiments with alternate solutions to present recommendations.
- Designs, implements, and documents access control and data protection best practices for our data layer API.
- Oversees and leads a team of three to five back-end development remote resources (including offshore).
- Exercises a sense of ownership to get things done. Does whatever it takes to make things happen and proactively alerts the team of potential issues.
- Constantly improves software quality, scalability, and maintainability (evaluates and incorporates new libraries, tools, and technologies; code reviews; refactoring; testing; etc.).
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 2 to 3 years of experience with Web API, Entity Framework, OData/RESTier.
- 5+ years of experience with databases (preferably SQL Server) and other data sources (on prem and cloud based).
- 2 to 3 years of experience with application design/architecture.
- Diverse experience with Azure cloud products a plus
- Demonstrates EXEMPLARY communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Fluent in English.
- An EXTRAORDINARY creative and analytical problem solver.
- Possesses and demonstrates PHENOMENAL overall technical expertise.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, has a love for learning and new technology, and able to lead and mentor others.
- Experience with unit and end-to-end testing.
- 7+ years of hands-on software back-end development experience with a strong background in C#, ASP.NET, Web Forms and SQL Server.
- 2+ years of data modeling experience working on multiple complex projects.
- Hands-on server-side implementation experience with OAuth / OpenID Connect.
- Message Queueing / Real-time development a plus.
- Proven experience as a team lead preferred and ability to easily switch hats between leading, team organization, and hands-on development work.
- IMPECCABLE attention to detail.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience working on a B2B SaaS platform within a startup environment preferred.
Some of the technologies we use are:
- WebAPI / JSON / REST / OData / OpenAPI
- OAuth / OpenID Connect / IdentityServer
- RabbitMQ / AMQP / MQTT / SignalR / NServiceBus
- Azure: Service Bus / Event Hubs / Stream Analytics / Notification Hubs / Storage / IoT Hubs / API Management / Cosmos DB / Time Series Insights / Machine Learning
- Git / Power BI / T4 Templates / TFS Build Server / Caching / Docker
What BuildingLink Can Offer You
- Opportunities to learn and advance your career
- Office culture comparable to the fast-pace, energy, and vibrancy of a startup, while maintaining the feel of a family owned company
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Commuter Benefits
- 401k with matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Birthday Holiday
- Team outings (happy hours, company events & retreats, weekly lunches, holiday parties, etc.)
Check out our website to learn more! http://www.buildinglink.com/marketing/public/about
BuildingLink is an industry leading property management technology used by over 4,800 high-rise residential communities globally. As an industry pioneer and leading innovator, our solutions, service, and people have made us one of the most recognized and respected technology providers among property managers and staff, condo/coop boards, and landlords. Our roadmap is packed with new and exciting initiatives to help buildings run even better. Resident lifestyle, voice assistant with our Amazon Alexa Skill; Ledger for simplified property management accounting, more platform integrations, and IoT sensor solutions to target and solve buildings’ operational headaches are just a few of the key initiatives we have in the pipeline. So, if you’re looking to work for a dynamic and successful company that cares deeply for both its customers and employees, please apply!
BuildingLink is an equal opportunity employer to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected class by federal, state or local law.