The candidate should have a proven track record in Qlikview end-to-end BI implementation. The candidate would be directly responsible for development and maintenance of Qlikview applications. The candidate should be proficient in Qlikview data modelling, UI design, application architecture knowledge and Performance tuning of dashboard. They should be able to work on an agile-like development environment with minimum supervision. An ideal candidate for this position needs to be very proactive, self-motivated and a proven team-player. They should also have a collaborative team-work approach, good work ethics and strong communication skills to ensure that client requirements are correctly translated into design and make the business partners comfortable to work with directly. They must be confident enough in their skills to be able to help guide users away from bad designs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in full development lifecycle from system design, development, testing and production implementation following agile methodologies
- Extract, transform and load data from multiple sources into QlikView
- Modify existing dashboards creating the next major release that incorporates new features from user feedback
- Create new dashboards from scratch based on requirements provided from Business Analysts and end users
- Recommend and Implement best practices for Qlikview Dashboard and QVD development
- Ability to create advanced SQL queries
- Collect and organize requirements
- Demonstrate solid skills in analyzing and decomposing business processes.
- Perform data and systems analysis to translate business needs into technical code, as well as maintain and support code
- Extensive data modeling experience; troubleshoot issues with existing data model and dashboards
- Perform initial QA tests on dashboard changes comparing old versions to new versions
- Share knowledge through peer code reviews with other developers
- Monitor and address data quality issues
- Create and maintain technical design documentation. Adhere to and help set standards for design and coding, source control and documentation
- Migrate code across development, testing and production environments
- All other duties as assigned/required.
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Proficient with using QlikView load script to manipulate, cleanse, and transform data into QlikView in-memory data model
- Proficient with advanced analytical features like set analysis, variables, and functions
- Experience developing QlikView user interfaces: Creating charts, filter boxes, list boxes, text objects, etc. Ability to apply and customize formatting using style sheets
- Familiarity with section access
- Experience with QlikView Server/Publisher, Nprinting, QlikView extensions, QlikSense is a plus.
- Experience using source control with QlikView is a plus.
- Python, R, Predictive modeling, machine learning and statistics experience is a plus
- Dynamic Power BI experience is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of five years of experience developing business intelligence applications and 3 years relevant experience with QlikView required.
Job Type: Full-time
- QlikView: 3 years (Required)
- Business Intelligence: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement