We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented administrator to work in our Chicago headquarters. As part of the corporate team at Building Blocks, you will perform a wide variety of cross-departmental administrative and support activities. Your work will ultimately contribute to the realization of innovative new architecture projects in Chicago, New York, Miami and throughout the country. If you take personal pride in your work, like working with a small team, and enjoy supporting others, we want to meet you.
- Administer and manage team resources, software licenses, and other items like office supplies, furniture, computers, and mobile phones.
- Troubleshoot IT problems for team members like resetting account passwords, granting account permissions, and answering general how-to questions. Escalate and manage support requests with service providers to resolve employee tech issues.
- Ensure that company files are organized and filing system is maintained.
- Perform overflow secretarial work for project financials and submittals.
- Interface with our network consultants to maintain the office internet.
- Assist with general office facilities management.
- Compile and post job descriptions for available positions.
- Screen resumes, set up and coordinate interviews.
- Input new hires in Zenefits and manage the hiring process.
- Create accounts for new employees and assist with setup.
- Manage employee devices like mobile phones, service accounts, and computers.
- Ensure that new hires receive onboarding information and complete all requirements.
- Serve as a point of reference for all employees about general business functions.
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands operational best practices and workflow expectations. Provide demonstrations and 1-on-1 training as needed.
- Organize and send all-company communications like announcements for new team members, company social events, or new tools and changes in process.
- Manage employer accounts with Zenefits, Indeed, Glassdoor, Archinect.
- Help design and implement talent management and career advancement programs.
Sales and Marketing Administration
- Communicate with key contacts to coordinate, confirm, and follow up on education marketing lunch sessions.
- Order and manage catering for lunch events.
- Record session attendance with the American Institute of Architects.
- Perform data management, record keeping, and other sales assistance.
- Tech savvy
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour