BLAZE, an award-winning, strategic public relations agency, is looking for an Account Executive in our Santa Monica office to support our growing roster of brands.
The ideal candidate will have 3 years of PR Agency experience working on consumer packaged goods and lifestyle brands and must demonstrate they have current and relevant media relationships. The AE fosters media relationships to ensure client coverage and acts as creative contributor on accounts. Typically, the AE will contribute to 5-7 accounts.
Media Relations :
- Consistently secures 15-20 high quality media placements per month
- Develops new creative pitches per month that helps garner press coverage
- Regularly tracks and provides competitive information to client with insight, POV or implication industry/competitive news has on the business/category
- Supports development of and executes influencer campaigns/outreach
- Staffs media interviews with clients, provides feedback and conducts follow-ups with reporters
- Researches client speaking opportunities, industry awards, and competitor analysis
- Maintains consistent contact with all clients; may serve as point person/day-to-day contact on some accounts
- Supports account lead and may act as point person for weekly/bi-weekly client conference calls: Develops agendas, reviews/edits junior staff contributions, staffs calls, and provides call re-caps/action items to team and client
- Attends client meetings, brainstorms, and planning sessions, as needed
- Regularly shares proactive ideas to take to the client
- Contributes to client recaps
- Drafts press releases, creative pitches, event/launch strategy docs, and other client communications
- Provides junior staff with guidance and serves as a mentor, problem solver and go-between for senior staff
- Oversees junior staff research projects (speaking opportunities, comp analysis, event venues, etc.)
- Delegates tasks to junior team members
: Bachelor’s Degree (communications, liberal arts, business or marketing focus preferred)
Skills & Abilities Required: :
Understands evolution of PR in the digital world. Ability to understand client brand category and landscape in order to deliver creative ideas that resonate with target audiences. Has experience in influencer marketing and social media. Strong story-teller with the ability to articulate brand narrative. Must be self-motivated, collaborative and results driven. Strong writer and stickler for quality control/proofing as well as solid and growing presentation skills.
Good leadership qualities and proven ability to lead by example. Possesses motivational capabilities in a highly pressurized environment. Is appropriate, approachable and fair, and creates valued relationships with staff. :
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Can meet tight deadlines and has an exceptional eye for details.
Strong writing (AP style), editing, listening and verbal communications skills. Resourceful and solutions focused. Capable of multitasking, prioritizing and organizing. Effectively manages time and follow up. Proficiency in Office applications and development of media databases.
- Full medical, dental and vision packages plus flexible spending account options
- Life, LTD and AD&D insurance
- Competitive compensation package including a generous bonus program
- Paid sick leave and vacation days
- Eight paid holidays per year
- The opportunity to grow and the resources to succeed