WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU!
The BI Developer works their magic to turn data into digestible information that guides strategic business decisions, campaign optimization initiatives, and overall client program success. They support the Insights team in the implementation and support of Business Intelligence solutions both locally hosted and in the cloud. They have a broad base of skills that include SQL coding, report writing, data manipulation & consolidation from both CRM and online sources (Google Analytics & MailChimp).
If you are interested in using your BI skills to help organizations that focus on making our lives, our society, and our world better, Blakely is the place to do it!
WHO IS BLAKELY?
Blakely Inc. is an industry leading, channel neutral, direct response fundraising agency. Our approach inspires people - our clients, their donors and our employees to do more. The donor journey is our framework and we combine strategy, data analytics and great creative to build meaningful donor relationships that last a lifetime.
We are a fast-paced, driven agency who have a lot of fun doing what we do. We are on the hunt for a strong BI developer with advanced SQL experience ready to use their talents to help us build a better world!
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
* Create automated and semi-automated BI reports, dashboards and other solutions facilitating faster and more strategic business decisions as outlined in the BI Framework.
* Collaborate with the Lead Analyst in developing project specifications, providing input on platform selection and technical requirements
* Build and maintain back-end solutions to be consumed by analysts or business users, as well as client facing front end reporting, models, and visualizations.
* Design, develop and maintain ETL processes with the help of team members to create efficiencies in data flow from our clients and partners.
* Develop and foster relationships with third party BI partners in support of projects that fall outside of internal resources
* Provide maintenance and support for BI production environments
* Share recommendations on updates to data warehouse to increase capabilities and improve performance based on best practices.
* Create and maintain data cleansing processes and methodologies to detect and correct inaccurate data
* Maintain user confidence, data privacy and protect operations by keeping information confidential and compliant to applicable privacy laws.
ABOUT YOU AND YOUR QUALIFICATIONS:
* University Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or another relevant field.
* 2-5 years of hands-on experience in developing Business Intelligence projects from start to finish without IT support
* Advanced SQL & DAX/MDX skills with experience querying large, very complex and varied data sources.
* In depth knowledge of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (PowerBI, SSAS, SSRS, & SSIS).
* Experience in working with cloud solutions (AWS or Azure)
* Visualization skills, with the ability to make beautiful and compelling presentations of complex information that tell a story
* Solid mathematics & statistics abilities
* Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
* Proven ability to translate technical terms into non-technical language
* Comfortable with new technology and techniques
Brownie points for candidates with fundraising experience. Remuneration is tailored to fit experience and skills. We thank all candidates for their application. Only candidates of interest will be contacted by our recruitment partner.
Blakely - Together, we'll inspire people to do more.
Job Type: Full-time