Upper Elementary Montessori Teacher Required for Pickering Campus
To start August 26th 2019
Hours 8:15 - 4:30
Pay as per the collective agreement.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Teaching Certificate or Upper Elementary Montessori Teaching diploma/certificate.
- Passion for Teaching or the Montessori philosophy; excellence communicating this philosophy to parents and community
- Ability and interest in working as a team with families and colleagues
Willingness to serve as a resource and guide, assisting in the child's adventure towards life-long learning.
- The right candidate should have strong leadership qualities, enjoy taking initiative, possess diplomatic communication skills in difficult circumstances, and have experience teaching Elementary students. Genuine warmth and love for guiding children and their families
- Understand and implement Montessori pedagogy and initiative to do and bring new things to the classroom and school.
- Must be able to host parent evenings, such as Science fairs, mother day tea and similar events. Must be able to independently write report cards.
- excellent classroom, time management and organizational skills
- The ability to implement a Montessori curriculum utilizing AMS, NCME, AMI or another recognized developmentally appropriate Montessori practice; planning the daily curriculum; facilitating student growth in developmental, academic and cognitive domains by promoting student participation in the learning experience; establishing strong positive relationships with parents, children and staff.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34,600.00 to $47,600.00 /year