Blackline Aluminum serves our clients with high-performance, easy to maintain solutions that are specifically built for Canadian harsh climates.
Our commitment is to deliver a sustainable process that produces high-performance smart solutions that are energy-efficient, custom and use resources wisely to minimize the impact on the environment.
We offer a diverse range of advanced to traditional curtain wall systems for mid and high-rise buildings. All systems are certified according to their related standards and exceed performance benchmarks.
- Operate and drive vans and light trucks to deliver building materials such as doors, windows, and hardware
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle
- Ensure correct loading of vehicle
- Unload materials at delivery sites and place materials in buildings as directed by Plant Manager and Site Supervisors
- Deliver materials and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner, obeying all rules of the road
- Comply with all company policies and procedures regarding the delivery of goods
- Record information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems encountered
- Communicate with the Plant Manager and Installation Supervisor
- Loading and unloading products in a safe manner, using provided tools as appropriate(e.g. dollies, lifts, etc.)
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
- Other duties as required.
- Move materials to and from workstations using carts, overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Read drawings to be able to process material
- Prepare material for production department using equipment such as power tools
- Load and unload material and put into racks
- Ensure safe work practice are adhered to and appropriate PPE is worn always.
- Ensure scheduled milestones are met
- Valid G Driver's License
- Clean Driver's Abstract
- 2+ years Delivery Driver experience
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
- Heavy lifting required;
Job Type: Full-time
- Truck Driving: 1 year (Required)
- warehouse: 1 year (Required)