Position: Business Analyst, Digital Asset Management
Salary: $63,973.31 - $72,937.86
Classification: IS 24
Closing Date: January 27, 2020
Position #: 00124814
Competition #: DBC 2019-27
If you are interested and you meet the selection criteria please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV prior to 4 PM January 27, 2020.
You must be a permanent resident of Canada to apply for permanent positions with Destination BC.
The initial salary for this position will start at the beginning of the listed salary range with the opportunity to advance up the pay grid in annual increments.
Destination BC is a provincially funded, industry-led Crown corporation that supports a strong and competitive future for BC’s tourism industry through a combination of global marketing, destination development, industry learning, cooperative community-based programs, and visitor servicing. Destination BC receives approximately $52 million each year, out of a Provincial investment of about $140 million in BC’s tourism ecosystem as a whole. These investments help to improve the visitor experience, support businesses and communities, and strengthen BC’s worldwide reputation as a destination of choice. For more information about Destination BC’s programs and services, please visit www.DestinationBC.ca.
Destination BC is an inclusive workplace founded on the highest degree of collaboration and innovation. Destination BC believes that diversity is strength and welcomes applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are an applicant with a disability, we are committed to ensuring workplace accommodations are in place to enable you to do your best work.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Destination BC has a strong focus on content marketing to drive global awareness and intent to visit British Columbia, and our Digital Asset Management (DAM) System provides the foundation for our approach. As our Digital Asset Management Business Analyst, you play a leading role in building and maintaining an innovative approach to asset management built upon this new tool, which will enable Destination BC and its partners to store, share, and collaborate on content in all formats and power a collective approach to global content marketing.
In this role, you are responsible for ensuring we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the DAM System based on the business needs of various user groups. You engage with internal and external stakeholders to gather technical requirements and translate business needs into solutions using the DAM System. As part of this process, you develop technical documents that are executed upon to build new functionality or improve existing features for internal and external clients with diverse needs. In addition, you are responsible for maintaining a data governance document and user training materials.
You lead the onboarding of internal and external stakeholders to Destination BC’s DAM System, including developing and delivering training that’s customized to client needs and providing group and one-to-one support. You have a passion for creating systems to improve processes and organize information, and a strong sense of business acumen. This role interfaces with many internal departments and system users, as well as external users, and serves as the primary point of contact for any DAM System issues or user asset needs. You are passionate about sharing your expertise with others and have deep understanding of and experience in information architecture – including taxonomy, metadata and file naming standards. You have direct accountabilities into adoption rate and satisfaction with the DAM System, are the organization’s internal and external DAM System champion.
- Owns and manages the relationship with DAM System support, as well as external Agency and/or Contractors and supports the technical side of configuring or developing new enhancements to the platform and related processes. Responsible for facilitating the business requirement phase in order to support internal and external business owners;
- Responsible for all documentation of system fixes, enhancements, etc. and are thorough and kept current;
- Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies;
- Gathers requirements from business units, prioritizes them, and translates them for programmers and developers;
- Manages the organization’s Data Governance policy and ensures it is kept current and adopted;
- Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities;
- Organizational lead for the DAM System, including user account management, roles assignment, and permission auditing; acts as key contact between the DAM System service provider and users, including Destination BC staff, tourism partners, and content creators (photographers, videographers, etc);
- Maintains taxonomy and metadata of Destination BC’s broad collection of digital assets (video, photo, text, etc); responsible for quality control of metadata in the DAM System and related CMS, including rights management and troubleshooting;
- Collaborates and leads the discovery on system integration with other enterprise systems within the organization. This requires deep collaboration with Destination BC’s Digital Strategy & IT team.
- Communicates system changes to the users in advance so they understand the change;
- Reviews release documentation and identify wins and concerns each time the DAM System deploys a new release;
- Leverages deployment best practices including QA, UAT, Staging, and Validation;
- Leads the on-going training and on-boarding of new users;
- Maintains and owns the training and data governance documentation for the system;
- Responds to and tracks DAM System user questions and feedback; communicates with the DAM System service provider to improve system usage, manage system issues, asset metadata, and workflows
- Monitors storage volume and user licenses based on contractual agreement with DAM System service provider;
- Responsible for reporting on DAM System and asset usage, and any other relevant System data, and distributing those reports to internal and external users as required;
- Builds a deep familiarity with Destination BC’s collection of digital assets, in order to support content requests from internal and external stakeholders;
- Analyses usage and user behaviour for the DAM System; executes regular usage reports and identifies insights and/or trends that can influence System operations or Destination BC’s content development; and
- Provides support for the design, implementation and management of other related technology solutions.
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Science or related field. Preference may be given to candidates with education in Library & Information Sciences or equivalent training/experience;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a role in content or records management, library sciences, taxonomy analysis, or a closely related field;
- Proven technical acumen to translate business requirements into technical solutions;
- Experience partnering and building relationships with all levels of business teams across an organization;
- 1+ years’ experience working with databases, digital asset and/or content management systems;
- 1+ years’ experience in cataloguing/organizing assets and/or information, including a stated understanding of taxonomy & metadata standards and DAM best practices;
- Strong presentation skills with ability to prepare, deliver, and present reports/results/findings and training materials to large groups of people;
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Initiative involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action to address current or future problems or opportunities. As such, initiative can be seen in the context of proactively doing things and not simply thinking about future actions.
- Business Acumen is the ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance. It requires an awareness of business issues, processes, and outcomes as they impact the client’s and the organization’s business needs.
- Impact and Influence is the ability to influence, persuade, or convince others to adopt a specific course of action. It involves the use of persuasive techniques, presentations or negotiation skills to achieve desired results.
- Holding People Accountable involves setting high standards of performance and holding team members, other government jurisdictions, outside contractors, industry agencies, etc., accountable for results and actions.
- Relationship Building is working to build or maintain ethical relationships or networks or contacts with people who are, or may be, potentially helpful in achieving work-related goals and establishing advantages. These people may include customers, clients, counterparts, colleagues, etc.
- Expertise includes the motivation to expand and use technical knowledge or to distribute work-related knowledge to others.
DIVISION STRUCTURE AND RESPONSBILITITIES:
Vice President, Global Marketing
Director, Digital Strategy & IT
Project Manager, Digital Strategy & IT
Business Analyst, Digital Asset Management