Basketball World Toronto is Toronto's most exciting and professional grassroots basketball organization that plans, develops and manages high-quality year-round basketball programs including leagues, camps, and tournaments for men, women and children.
JOB TITLE - ADULT PROGRAM COORDINATOR
POSITION LENGTH & HOURS - The Adult Program Coordinator is a 12-month independent contract position which would automatically renew after the 12 months. It is a paid contract position for 35 - 40 hours per week (5 Weekdays in the office between 10am - 5:00pm, with 1-2 weeknight shifts and/or 1 weekend shift depending on business needs).
POSITION OVERVIEW - Our team needs a youthful, dynamic, basketball (or sports) minded individual to plan, develop, organize and manage all of our adult basketball programs including Men's Leagues (Elite, Corporate, Competitive, Rec, Co-ed, Pick-up) and Women's Leagues (Competitive, Rec, Co-Ed, Pick-Up) as well as all special adult events. Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for ...
- Assisting with the weekly planning, development, organization, and preparation of our adult programs.
- Planning, leading and developing the adult program team including managing 1-2 interns, and 10-15 part-time game staff members as well as coordinating with other office department staff to meet our objectives.
- Assistance with the day-to-day operations of the adult programs including leagues and special events including registration, rosters, scheduling, scorekeeping, stat keeping, policies and evaluations.
- Maintenance of website information (including standing and statistical updates, rules and regulation updates) as well as e-mail communication with customers.
- Respond to customer service inquiries and issues via the website, email and in person about future programs.
- Some relationship development and management with customers, vendors, facilities and related staff.
- Help with the development, distribution, and promotion of up and coming events and related marketing materials.
SKILL & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Proven track record of event coordination experience & working with people and the ability to build relationships.
- You are positive, enthusiastic and have an endless supply of energy.
- Strengths include attention to detail, highly organized, planning, problem solving and decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (telephone and in person).
- Customer service oriented and able to work independently.
- Reliable, punctual, hard work and motivated self-starter who likes to build things from scratch.
- Highly proficient in Google G-Suite (G-Mail, Google Calendar & Google Drive), Basic Website Editing, Evernote and Task Management Apps as well as the ability to learn technology quickly.
- Experience working in an adult program environment in a sport in Toronto or the GTA is required.
- Knowledge of the basketball industry in Toronto , the NBA, U-Sports and Amateur grassroots basketball
- Smartphone with data for each shift is a mandatory requirement, while access to a car would be an ideal situation.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Event Planning: 1 year (Required)
- Management: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Event Coordination: 1 year (Required)
- Event Management: 1 year (Required)
- Staff Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)