Assist the Restaurant General Manager in coordinating and organizing the staff to ensure first class service, food and beverage offerings. Administering food and beverage service operations to ensure profitability, quality standards and services and external/internal guest satisfaction
- Supervise the floor during meal periods to ensure that all Barton G. standards and steps of service are met through all guest interactions.
- Ensuring that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are being completed each shift
- Communicate with guest and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Ensuring that all steps of services as outlined in training materials are being followed on a daily basis.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephones in clear voice, coordinate and document reservation.
- Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Ensure that all standards and restaurant cash handling procedures are met.
- Maintain cleanliness of the restaurant on a daily basis.
- Work closely with the Restaurant GeneralManagerand Assistant General Manager, and Finance in monthly beverage inventory and china/glass/silver/linen inventory.
- Assist in collecting all invoices, petty cash, reports and bank deposits, and submitting to Finance.
- Assist in the payroll process via ALOHA
- Ensuring that procedures and policies outlined in reservations SOP are performed and monitored including complete familiarization with Open Table
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirement of the restaurant.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
- Support the entire Food & Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
Specific Job Knowledge And Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of Food & Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions,
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing with guest and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer
- Meet government health requirements.
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations and products, basic drink service and supervisory knowledge.
- Requires standing and walking 90% of workday.
- Physical activities include walking, talking, standing, stooping, hearing, seeing, talking, bending, reaching, fingering, feeling, touching, writing, grasping, handling, stretching, balancing, pushing, pulling.
- Interaction with all types of people.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School graduate or equivalent required
Job Type: Full-time
- restaurant industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Management: 1 year (Preferred)