Position Summary: This position will perform both complex and detailed activities within the areas of Accounting, Financial Reporting, Tax, Treasury, Internal Audit and Risk Insurance at our global company headquarters. This role is a critical link within the Finance organization as it consolidates our worldwide activities. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director, Corporate Finance & Treasury.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consolidates monthly financial statements, quarterly forecasts and annual plans for consolidated company. Analyzes certain financial details and creates ad-hoc reporting using report writing software.
- Observes specific processes for compliance with internal control policies as directed; maintains schedule of periodic policy reviews and drafts recommended updates.
- Prepares annual audited financial statement drafts and financial details included in footnote disclosures for each reporting entity. Coordinates annual financial audit documentation with independent auditors and all levels of the organization.
- Utilizes fixed asset software while accounting and reporting for all domestic divisions, including managing capital expenditure detail and adhering to prescribed accounting procedures for acquisition, placed-in-service and disposal.
- Provides financial estimates and all supporting documentation to CPAs for federal and state tax return preparation. Addresses regulatory agency communications timely.
- Prepares all local tax returns for domestic entities, including, but not limited to property taxes, sales & use taxes, annual reports and any new registrations as deemed necessary by business activities.
- Supports annual budget process with consolidations, reviews, corporate allocations, etc.
- Assists in merger and acquisition activities as needed.
- Administers all risk insurance applications and corresponding documentation, in addition to presentation of estimates and resulting audit compliance.
- Oversees payment processing for all litigation claims as directed by external claims processor.
- Reconciles debt and interest expense activities for global organization.
- Administers corporate credit card program internally, including review and audit of monthly expenses and approvals.
- May perform special projects and provide special reports as assigned by the Director, Corporate Finance & Treasury.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance and two to five (2-5) years accounting experience. Proven experience with strong general accounting and financial analysis skills are required; proficiency in Excel (other Microsoft Office applications a plus), problem-solving and analytical skills are required. CPA and/or MBA are desired.
Must have excellent organization, planning, analytical and problem solving skills; effective interpersonal skills in both oral and written communications; precise attention to detail as well as excellent quantitative skills; ability to organize and prioritize multiple concurrent responsibilities in a fast paced environment; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the global BBI organization and professional service providers; understanding of sales, marketing, cost accounting, operations and other business functions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Travel:
- Typical office environment with moderate noise level.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, stoop, see, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports; ability to respond verbally and in writing to common inquiries or complaints from executive and management employees, auditors, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community; ability to effectively present information to management or employee groups.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages; ability to apply concepts of basic math.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to infrequently lift up to 25 lbs.
- Some travel may be required.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it was not meant to be all-inclusive of the tasks that may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts