JOB TITLE: Digital Acquisition Marketing Manager - Digital Student Solutions
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Marketing for Digital Student Solutions
JOB SUMMARY: BNED Digital Student Solutions is currently seeking a creative and enthusiastic team member to join us as a Digital Acquisition Marketing Manager for the DSS product portfolios. This individual will work cross functionally to drive the growth of our customer base through online marketing channels such as, but not limited to, SEM, display, paid social, affiliate, video as well as emerging media.
This individual will be responsible for scaling our top of the funnel member growth and will prepare and execute our direct to consumer acquisition strategy with revenue driving responsibilities. The ideal candidate is data driven, results-oriented, and a self-starter who can hit the ground running and immediately contribute to currently running campaigns. They should have a passion for measurement, testing and building and leading cross-channel digital media campaigns.
- Develop and manage strategy and budget for all paid and earned media and direct to consumer digital channels to optimize conversion and drive growth (acquisition, retention, LTV).
- Conceptualize and implement strategy to optimize campaigns to drive the most impactful mix of tactics across acquisition channels.
- Oversee audience targeting strategy and segmentation.
- Regularly update KPIs and dashboards demonstrating performance; analyze results and provide learnings and recommendations on how to improve the performance of campaign narratives and KPIs.
- Develop compelling go-to market plans to support and extend brand campaigns/initiatives.
- Partner with our Branding and Creative teams on development of strategic campaign direction and creative assets to achieve our acquisition goals and drive ROI.
- Uncover new opportunities to acquire customers efficiently and at scale through well-developed relationships with core channel partners and media agencies.
- Serve as the expert of our digital acquisition marketing strategy; stay on the pulse of which tactics and tools are new and emerging to improve our online presence and performance.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints. Work cross functionally (Product, Operations, Tech., etc.) to improve conversion funnel through A/B testing, drive qualified traffic and recommend improvements for growth.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners; Oversee all day-to day project management of external agencies (digital, affiliate, targeting, platforms etc.) including KPIs and ensure timely execution of all marketing efforts.
- Provide keyword research, copy optimization, on-page and off-page search engine optimization, social media optimization and linking strategies to drive traffic and increase website visibility in all relevant search engines
- Analyze and educate the business on the market dynamics, trends and our competition; Provide thought leadership where appropriate
- Special projects as requested
- Minimum 5-7 years in digital acquisition and performance marketing with a minimum of 3 years demonstrated success in paid and earned media.
- In-depth knowledge of performance marketing with special focus on: Google ecosystem, Affiliate networks, video advertising, Facebook ecosystem and SEO with a proven track record of successfully executed campaigns.
- Results driven mentality with exceptional detail and knowledge of metrics, A/B testing and ROI analysis; Experience with testing and optimization platforms.
- Strong track record of distilling actionable insights from data to improve multi-channel marketing strategy.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Proficiency in analytics and SEO tools (i.e Google Analytics, SEOMoz, CrazyEgg, KISSMetrics, Adwords, Google webmaster tools, etc.).
- Self-motivated and strategic thinker with a bias towards action while also being a strong team player. High EQ a must.
- Passion for creating compelling and engaging creative and marketing content.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and ability to work in a fast-paced environment; Comfort dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent written and communication skills to write engaging and compelling copy
- Strong partnership and influencing skills
- Comfort working with Senior Management.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- Some travel may be required.
Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.