Barkly Pets is seeking a talented, curious, and self-motivated product designer with a deep understanding of pet care to design software solutions that will be used by millions. You will collaborate at every step of the process from gathering insights, brainstorming, wire-framing prototypes, and launching a final innovative experience. You will be part of a small but mighty team that welcomes all ideas and grows from them.
Please apply to this job on our AngelList company page. This role is currently a freelance contract position. Opportunities to transition to full-time position with equity, salary, and benefits are possible.
What you'll do:
- Create beautiful, functional, creative, and modern designs that complement the existing Barkly branding.
- Own the end-to-end design process, from wireframes to high-fidelity mockups, and the implementation of those designs with our development team.
- Collaborate with your Product Manager, Barkly engineers, and other members of our team to create user-centered design solutions.
- Work well individually, self-managing and taking ownership of work, from discovery to production.
What you'll need:
- A strong portfolio that showcases your experience designing products and features for web and apps.
- A natural curiosity and enthusiasm about learning the Barkly platform, finding out user-pain points, and testing out current functionality to lead to a better user-experience.
- A passion for working across all aspects of design, from pitching your ideas to leading a project from conception through completion.
- A proactive mindset and to be a self starter. You're eager for feedback and to see yourself grow as a designer while working here.
You'll get bonus points for:
- User research experience.
- Any responsive design/native experience.
- Online Marketplace experience.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $50.00 /hour