Bard on the Beach is Western Canada's largest professional Shakespeare Festival. Its annual budget is $7 million and it employs a year-round team of Professional artists and administrators. The Festival offers Shakespeare plays, related dramas and special events from June to September, in two modern theatre tents in a magnificent setting on the waterfront in Vanier Park. The Festival also offers year-round educational programming at the BMO Theatre Centre in Olympic Village, and throughout the Lower Mainland.
The Digital Marketing Manager works to develop and activate Marketing Department strategies and tactics, to support public awareness and engagement with the Festival and help achieve its attendance & ticket revenue goals. Working with the Marketing Director, they manage and maintain the Bard website; coordinate the production of the seasonal House Program; oversee and activate e-communications for marketing and other Festival departments; monitor and analyze marketing, sales and revenue reports and data to inform and activate marketing strategies; manage the digital advertising campaign; provide in-house support and liaison for the contract publicist, photographers and videographers; manage budget allocations as assigned.
- Manages and organizes content for the Festival's online communications channels, including sales and promotional emails, Bard's E-News & the Bard blog; provides e-communications expertise & technical advice to all Bard departments
- Provides oversight and assistance to the Marketing Coordinator for all social media channels
- Manages all aspects of the website in collaboration with an external web developer, including the integration of Bard's CRM and ticket selling system with the WordPress website; creates content and manages ongoing website updates
- Project manages Bard's digital advertising campaign, working with an external ad agency and graphic designer/s; manages the budgetary allocation
- Coordinates the design, content creation and production of the annual 80-page House Program, working with staff, graphic designers, external content providers & printer
- Coordinates logistics and manages budget allocations for video and production photography services
- Liaises with and provides in-house support for Bard's seasonal contract publicist
- Organizes and maintains Bard's image file collections, including production videos, photography and logos, working with the Marketing Coordinator
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and platforms, to identify and integrate new marketing methods and programs where appropriate
- Other general marketing department duties as assigned
- Direct sales or promotional experience, preferably in the performing arts sector
- 3 years of dedicated marketing assignment/s with one or more performing arts organizations, preferably in Vancouver
- Experience in managing websites and email communications is required; management of a performing arts and/or a WordPress website is an asset
- Experience with tracking and analyzing sales and attendance data is required; familiarity with Google Analytics is required; experience with Spektrix ticketing and data management software is an asset
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills to support a range of print materials and online channels (especially web copy and promotional materials)
- Strong, persuasive verbal communicator with highly developed, demonstrated communication skills; enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Self-motivated, follows through to deliver on assignments with strong time management skills
- Organized and detail oriented; demonstrated ability to maintain records and create reports
- Ability to multi-task and consistently re-prioritize based on departmental needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and image management software (minimum: Photoshop)
- Passion for the performing arts (especially theatre) in general and Shakespeare in particular
Full-time, year-round, Monday-Friday. Some mandatory evenings and weekend assignments during the Festival season.
The annual salary range for this position starts at $45,000 and would increase based on the successful candidate's qualifications and experience. Comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please upload your resume and a cover letter together in one PDF, summarizing your qualifications and experience, to bardonthebeach.org/current-opportunities/apply-now/
Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis, and accepted up to Friday, March 1, 2019.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bard on the Beach is committed to promoting an accessible, safe, inclusive and diverse environment. We respect, value and celebrate the diverse experiences of each person and actively encourage everyone to consider joining our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 /year