Barbizon Lighting Company's Charlotte, NC office has an immediate opening for a full-time Accounting Assistant. The ideal candidate must have excellent data entry skills with strong attention to detail. The individual must be able to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management skills and an ability to prioritize.
Barbizon Lighting is a majority employee-owned supplier of entertainment lighting, rigging, drapery, expendables, and systems integration. We have served the theatre, television, film, educational, and themed environment industries with distinction since 1947.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Accounting Assistant Tasks:
- Process Sales Orders and A/R invoicing
- Review and reconcile customer statements
- Build weekly spreadsheet and assign freight markups to Sales Orders
- Weekly reconciliations with vendors
- Integrate tracking and freight billing into MAS Purchase Orders
- Code monthly American Express statements and expense reports
- Update sales tax schedules and file monthly returns
- Assist with audits
- Collection calls and emails
- Set up and maintain information in customer accounts
- Post Cash Receipts and process customer credit cards
- Scan and index various paperwork into MAS software
- Respond to vendor inquiries regarding payables
- Assist with customer requests (copies of invoices, statements, etc.)
- Match AP/PO invoices to check stubs and prepare for mailing
- Various other duties as assigned
- 2 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Must be computer literate and understand ERP software.
- Proven and effective communication skills.
- Working well in a team environment as well as independently.
Competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package is available for a proven performer.
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.