At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the management of assigned product(s) including market research; financial analysis; product planning, development and implementation; and coordination of sales and marketing strategies, objectives and programs.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Conducts training classes on new or updated procedures, as necessary.
- Participates in the development of marketing and advertising programs for the assigned product or products.
- Reviews complaints and suggestions relative to assigned product or products.
- Maintains contacts with bank officers responsible for marketing and sales of assigned product(s) to monitor trends, determine customer acceptance, understand sales officers' needs, etc.
- Ensures all new and existing products and communication related to those products are in compliance with bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and recommends pricing strategies that will result in meeting product objectives.
- Evaluates current economic conditions and advises management of possible impact on assigned products and services.
- Gathers market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity are minimized.
- Develops and recommends marketing objectives, including sales volume and profit forecasts.
- Recommends criteria for testing newly developed products, reviews test results and recommends necessary alteration of testing of product.
- Evaluates ideas for new products, investigates market opportunities and effect on market of present products, and recommends exploitation of economically attractive products.
- Manages products to determine and monitor product life-cycle and recommending pricing and marketing strategies accordingly.
- Recommends new or revised products by researching, or directing research, of identified target markets to determine customer/prospect needs, acceptance, and probability of purchase.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of product line assigned including operational and marketing aspects. Understanding of product planning and market research.
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Coordinate meetings
- Develop office procedures
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.