Company: Arvato Systems North America, Inc.
Requisition ID: 62382
The DevOps Engineer is tasked with monitoring Arvato Systems´ BMS (Broadcast Management Systems) software like Avatega, AdStore and AdOpt, ensuring standard compliance. The DevOps Engineer also monitors the engineering department’s tools and procedures and promotes their evolution alongside the business’s systems. They will play an active role in building and improving the platform services inclusive of websites, software, and applications while hosting and managing databases.
The DevOps Engineer regularly checks and monitors alarms, diagnoses symptoms, analyzes root causes, and employs preventative measures to avoid reoccurrence of similar issues. The DevOps Engineer takes ownership and accountability of the performance and reliability of the web-services that the business manages.
It is also the DevOps Engineer’s duty to troubleshoot complex issues as quickly and effectively as possible. They understand websites and software capacity planning requirements and works to ensure that sites/software are deployed in a scalable architecture.
- implements and maintains the core business’s infrastructure architecture
- builds automation frameworks for the deployment based on provided specification, management, and monitoring of web-based business services and platforms
- develops automated scripts meant for building development and production environments
- authors tools that improve developer capacity and productivity
- tests and supports automated risk-management techniques
- collaborative role where he works hand-in-hand with the development teams in creating solutions for the purpose of deploying and monitoring sites/software/applications
- stays in constant communication with the IT department in the event of any issues with the business’s sites/software/application
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field or are lateral entrant with relevant multi-year professional experience in software development
- You have experience in agile software development after SCRUM / Kanban
- A fast and secure deployment process and CI / CD are important to you
- You have experience in Relational databases such as MS SQL and their set-up, manipulation or query with SQL are no mystery to you
• You have experience in windows server administration and you are an expert in scripting languages e.g. PowerShell.
- You have experience with cloud services, e.g. Azure or AWS
- You have experience with configuration management tools, for example, Puppet or Chef as well as a vast knowledge in high-availability approaches such as failover, load balancing, clustering, and risk-management.
- IT security compliance is as natural to you
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT operations and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Solid team player
- Ideally, you have experience in the development of microservices for & migrating to Azure or other cloud services
- Ideally, you have experience with infrastructure as code software tool, e.g. Terraform
- Strong customer focus and very good communication skills
- Independent, purposeful and analytical way of working
- High team orientation, resilience and operational readiness
- Willingness to travel
- Very good English skills, others appreciated (French, German, Arabic)
- Good analytical, conceptual and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the areas: broadcast equipment, technologies and workflows
- Database queries with SQL
- scripting or programming languages
- Administration of Windows, networks and databases
- Very good knowledge of both Windows & Linux OS
About our company:
Arvato - the spirit of solutions!
We at Arvato provide a comprehensive range of services and solutions to our business partners in the consumer electronics, high-tech, telecommunication, networking and industrial sectors. With more than five decades of experience and our global footprint we create value for our customers and ensure that they are well equipped for the challenges of their markets.
Arvato is a part of Arvato AG/ Bertelsmann, an internationally networked outsourcing provider. More than 65,000 employees design and implement solutions for all kinds of business processes across integrated service chains, for business customers from around the world. Its portfolio includes all services related to the creation and distribution of printed materials and digital storage media, as well as data management, customer care, CRM services, supply-chain management, digital distribution, financial services, professional and custom IT services, and the direct-to-customer distribution of educational media. Arvato is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA.