Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
We are currently seeking a Tunnel Designer to join our growing Infrastructure business and work with our Geotechnics & Tunnels team.
- Design of various underground structures using MicroStation and AutoCAD
- Work with engineers in preparation of tunnels (i.e. TBMs, SEMs), underground structures (i.e. Shafts) and geotechnical drawing packages for different stages of design (i.e. concept stage to construction stage).
- Follow design-review processes, guidelines and procedures to ensure high quality drawings
- Perform design changes and revisions to 2D and 3D models
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines
- Graduate from an accredited college program in Civil Engineering Technology, CAD Technology, or from a career college in Engineering CAD / BIM Technology
- Experience working on tunnel and other underground construction projects
- Well versed in Toronto Transit Commission’s (TTC) CAD Standards
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Familiar with underground construction techniques (TBM, SEM, shafts, etc.)
- Experience with Revit and/or AECOsim would be an asset
- Experience in automation and/or Excel programming would be welcomed
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
- Takes pride in the finished work
- Willingness to learn and an interest in tunnel design and engineering
- Good communication skills are essential for team-based working
- Ability to balance multiple demanding tasks
- Work under nominal supervision for all but demanding work
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
- Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- RRSP - 100% company match up to 5-9% based on years of service
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
- Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe