Job Description - TOD Planning Lead (User Experience) (TOR0000FX)
TOD Planning Lead (User Experience)
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Discipline Transport Planning
Job Posting 02-Apr-19
Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are growing our Canadian Integrated Planning practice. Our team works with a range of key clients in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Montreal and with clients and colleagues elsewhere in Canada and in the United States.
We are seeking a User Experience / Transit Oriented Development Planning Lead (Toronto) to help lead our efforts in User Experience and Transit Oriented Development Planning. Current planning projects being undertaken by our Toronto team include work for the public and private sector relating to multi-modal transportation planning, transit planning, integrated land use and transport planning, accessibility analyses, business case preparation, pedestrian modelling and GIS.
Our User Experience / TOD work is about reinventing the relationships between people, place, mobility and technology. We design services, spaces, and strategies, taking a human-centred approach at all scales and across a range of sectors. We combine an appreciation for the motivation of various user types and a deep technical knowledge in pedestrian mobility and crowd dynamics to provide design advice for all scales of projects, from design of entry experiences for boutique events to pedestrian flow studies of complex infrastructure assets. The team includes an international centre of excellence in pedestrian modelling, allowing quantification of passenger and user experience and ability to test various different design, population, and operational scenarios to reduce risk and promote people-focused outcomes.
We work on TOD and master planning projects that bring together planning, architecture, civil, digital and advisory services, to develop user and market-focused solutions.
- Leading and managing multi-disciplinary planning projects for external and internal clients in GTHA, Montreal, across Canada and internationally.
- Engaging in business development efforts to secure planning work and build client relationships
- Presenting to clients on the team's broad capabilities and value offerings and representing Arup to clients and the general public
- Working within a multidisciplinary environment, connecting with colleagues to provide integrated services
- Preparing and managing preparation of high quality project deliverables, including print documentation and presentations
- Establishing and maintaining connections with professional colleagues, identifying and developing marketing leads, preparing marketing proposals and materials, and representing Arup at interviews
- Undertaking financial management of projects and being responsible for client relationships, and management of staff and subcontractors
- Helping to lead, manage and mentor junior staff
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
- Degree in Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Planning, Architecture, Urban Design, or closely-related discipline
- P Eng, OAA, MCIP, RPP or equivalent designation
- 10+ years relevant professional experience including recent (3+ years) experience in the GTHA region
- Current senior role in their business/ team
- Demonstrated experience with a range of key clients that could include private sector developers, culture, cities, regional authorities, airports.
- Able to bring client relationships and win work from day one
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Understanding of planning,
- Several client referees who can attest to project delivery and technical skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Willing to work closely with an enthusiastic and broadly-skilled team
- Collaborative and interdisciplinary outlook
- Creativity in intellectual and technical approach
- Established reputation in the professional community
- Experience working with both public and private sector clients
- Established working relationships with leading specialist firms
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. As an employee-owned Trust, Arup employees share in the business and are accountable to each other.
Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
- Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- RRSP - 100% company match up to 5-9% based on years of service
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
- Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.