Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 15,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We are currently seeking a Project Controls Engineer to join our team to work on various design and construction projects in the Los Angeles office. The position may also entail supporting other projects across the Americas region.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Project Manager in implementation of project specific cost control processes to insure project profitability
- Utilize financial systems to review project costs for accuracy
- Track costs against budgets; update cost reports for management; conduct variance analysis
- Assist in managing scope changes; issuing fee proposals; managing contract change orders
- Assist in earned value reporting;
- Assist in cash flow forecasting and monitoring
- Prepare monthly client invoices
- Contract Administration: assist in checking compliance with contract requirements; prepare various monthly client reports; insurance requirements
- Sub-consultants management: assist with commercial management of sub-consultants including preparation of sub-consultant agreements, tracking budgets, and reviewing invoices Assist in reporting of project financials, milestones and deliverables
- Assist with client and sub-consultants audits; compile audit documentation and prepare various schedules
- Assist in developing work breakdown structures
- Assist in preparing and reviewing project schedules
- Qualified professionals will have a Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 2-5 years of related experience.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and have good communication and presentation skills.
- Must show willingness to take on additional responsibilities without having to be assigned, a team player and able to perform independently.
- Must have experience in the areas of budgeting, financial reporting, cost tracking and scheduling. Have an advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Must have or be willing to obtain PMP certification within the first year of employment.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.