At Arup, we're dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the 2nd Avenue Subway. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration. Our 16,000-person team of designers, engineers, planners and consultants come together to create solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating. One that promotes self-discovery and allows people time and space to be creative. Arup's culture looks a lot like the future: globally-linked, locally-focused, and radically creative. We'd like to find those rare individuals who are as forward-thinking as they are ambitious. If this sounds like you read on.
The Client Services Analyst will provide a front-line technology relationship with staff on various technical issues and needs relating to hardware, software, peripherals and services. The role is customer focused on being proactive in anticipating and resolving technology issues and requirements staff may experience within an Arup office and/or using the technology services provided by Digital technology, while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
- Act as client liaison for all DT related asks from staff. First line of engagement with staff to understand and address their issues and needs as it pertains to desktop issues (Windows, Office365, etc.) and infrastructure (compute, storage, network, cloud services, enterprise systems, cybersecurity, etc.) and engage and escalate to other DT teams as needed
- Follow and abide by ITIL/Service Management policies and procedures for Change Mgmt., Problem Mgmt., Config Mgmt., Knowledge Mgmt., Request Fulfillment, etc. as outlined by the Live Services team.
- Assist the Software Asset Management team to maintain applications (license management and version control).
- Assist in Arup office and Project office technology needs - installs, moves, changes, etc. that involve staff requirements and infrastructure needs in conjunction with other DT service teams.
- Problem solve to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations associated with hardware (PCs, MACs, mobile, etc.), software (IT and Technical), and services (video conferencing, remote access, etc.,) used by staff; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature. When appropriate, route them to appropriate DT staff members.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Respond to, document and resolve service tickets in a timely manner according to an agreed service level.
- Document procedures, standards, standard methodologies configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
- Assist in all communication and training needs for technology solutions being introduced into an office by DT.
- Personal Computing (HP, Macintosh, etc.).
- Mobile Computing (iPhone, iPad, Samsung etc. as outlined by office / regional policy.
- Microsoft Windows Operating System, Macintosh OSx (limited).
- Microsoft Office 365 and associated services (i.e. OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business, etc.).
- Video Conferencing hardware / software based on global standards.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Office Printers / Copiers as outlined by office / regional policy.
- An Associate Degree or equivalent Technical Certification(s) in Information Technology and prior experience working in a professional services organization
- 2 of more years' experience working in a regional / global organization providing desktop support services in a Microsoft environment (i.e. Windows, Active Directory, Office 365, Outlook, Skype for Business, OneDrive, Anti-virus, Remote Access, etc.)
- Familiarity with IOS and Android mobile devices and Mobile Device Management tools
- Familiarity with Mac operating system and devices
- Experience using a Ticketing system like ServiceNow
- Collaborative, consultative and effective in a consensus-based decision making culture.
- High energy, motivated, open-minded and willing to embrace innovation and new technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; communicating to all levels within an organization
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative to work and develop holistic solutions
- Continually exercises critical thought and judgment to determine the most appropriate action
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with representatives from various organizational offices and levels.
- Track record of success in team environments.
- Solid attention to details.
- Familiarity with Autodesk, Bentley, Trimble, Adobe, Bluebeam, Cisco, Symantecetc. are a plus
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.