Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
We are currently seeking a Finance intern to help with business operations including maintaining, analyzing, summarizing general ledger accounts, cost controls, purchasing and process improvements. The position will start immediately and will be a fixed term paid opportunity.
- Assisting with month-end closings including account analyses and reconciliations
Develop ideas for improving systems and efficiency
- Work with Accountants and Project Managers to establish project budgets and monitor against actual
- Special projects as required
Currently pursuing a University degree with Accounting/Finance major
An immediate graduate (within last 6 months) from a University with Accounting/Finance major may also apply
Experience with accounting and general office software required.
- Ability to perform data entry quickly and accurately; good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Prior intern/co-op experience is an additional benefit.
Competitive hourly compensation
Young and diverse environment
Strong opportunities for career growth
Exposure to global and local projects
Real freedom to shape a career path
Best of the two worlds (big firm with a boutique feel): global experience and reach
Accessibility to people on all levels and opportunities for exposure abound
Focused on the design and shaping a better world, not bottom line
- Calgary Cancer Center
- University of British Colombia
- National Music Centre of Canada
- Tim Hortons Field
- New Champlain Bridge
- Queen's Way West Revitalization
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.