The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Currently in our 55th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Systems, the part-time Accounting Assistant is responsible for receiving, reviewing and processing financial transactions and reconciliations.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of full-cycle accounting processes, extensive experience with Excel, possess good judgement and a high attention to detail as well the ability to effectively and clearly communicate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an accounting or banking environment.
- Experience working with MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Educational background or coursework in Accounting or a related field.
- Experience working with accounting databases such as Accpac, MS Access or Tessitura would be considered an asset.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input data into spreadsheets and accounting software
- Ability to analyze information, resolve problems and communicate resolutions
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with employees and managers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive information
- Skilled at maintaining sustained attention to detail
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares bank deposits and reconciles food and beverage income
- Inputs sales and donations transactions into Accpac
- Files accounts payable and payroll documentation
- Distributes artists’ comps and pay cheques
- Creates and maintains documentation for processes associated with the position
- Other duties as assigned
- Salary/Wage: $22 per hour
Job Application Process:
Start date: March 4, 2019 (6-month contract with the potential for extension)
Salary: $22 per hour Employment Type: Part Time (3 days per week)
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: February 18, 2019