Join our team! If you would like part-time employment, Artist & Craftsman Supply in Chicago is seeking a helping hand! Our ideal candidate has past retail experience, is a dedicated team player, has a friendly demeanor and a willingness to learn.
Assist with the day-to-day operations of an Artist & Craftsman Supply store.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Help customers locate products in the store
- Give product details and demonstrations to customers
- Ensure that all displayed items in the store comply with company standards
- Follow standard operating procedures of the store
- Keep inventory active and stocked, follow all receiving and stocking guidelines
- Accurately and properly handle the store's money including the opening and closing of a register, as well as the basic security of the register during store hours
- Assist customers with billing and packaging process at checkout
- Report loss and damage of products, customer feedback and complaints to the Store Manager
- Complete all tasks as assigned by the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager
- Work designated hours per the schedule. This could include opening and/or closing the store as scheduled. Weekend work and Holiday work are required.
- Maintain a courteous disposition towards customers at all times
- Maintain the cleanliness of the store, including, but not limited to, sweeping, dusting, mopping, emptying trash, and cleaning the public and employee restrooms
- All other duties as assigned by management
Education and Experience
- High school degree, diploma or GED Equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree or an Associate's Degree in the Fine Arts or any other related field is preferred
- Experience with fine art materials such as oil painting, printmaking, sculpture materials, etc. is preferred, but not necessary
- Experience in the retail industry preferred
- Customer focus
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Information management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Employee-Owned Company
- Health/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discount
This job operates in a retail store environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend, reach, climb, grasp and key at a computer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, speak and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.The employee may also be required to use a pallet jack and operate a freight elevator.
To be considered for this job, send your resume and a cover letter introducing yourself and how your skills apply to working here. No phone calls please. Thank you!
Artist & Craftsman Supply is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Part-time
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)