Job Summary/Overview: The Sales Representative's primary objective is to establish new business opportunities and partnerships in order to increase sales of our Specialty Food Products and Services to new and existing customers such as restaurants, hotels, and country clubs.
1. Prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising, or other means to generate interest and turn this into increased business.
2. Call on existing customers to further account penetration and provide feedback on service levels.
3. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling proposition and differentiation. Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that convince potential clients to do business with the company.
4. Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to client needs, concerns, and objectives. Facilitate the proposal process for clients including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, and client presentations.
5. Present new services and products, including creative ideas and product samples, to expand and enhance existing relationships.
6. Attend industry functions, association events, and conferences; provide feedback and information on market trends.
7. Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Education: Culinary School 2 to 4 years or Bachelor's degree
Experience: 2 to 4 years Foodservice Sales and Culinary experience
Job Type: Full-time