Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Because of this, we’re growing like crazy and we need a few more hands on deck.
We’re looking for a Supply Chain Manager to take on the role of developing and improving our supply chain. This will include multiple new challenges such as improving terms with suppliers, multi warehouse transfer optimization, and improving forecasting techniques. You will have impact on many areas within Article and will need to be able to collaborate effectively across departments. This is a unique role in which you will be an integral part of building out the fully operational Supply Chain department through managing direct reports and leadership in new process design.
What does a day in the life of a Supply Chain Manager at Article look like? Your main responsibilities will be:
- Lead the planning team to increase fill rates while simultaneously increasing inventory turns
- Working with our vendors to move towards a vendor managed inventory system and reducing the required forecasting timeline
- Continually monitoring sales, incoming product, and new orders to ensure high fill rates while lowering days in inventory
- Innovate better ways of forecasting new product introduction to ensure that first orders are correct and minimizing stock outs or dead inventory
- Reporting directly on KPI’s of in-stock performance, inventory turns, proper warehouse stock, on time shipment from vendors to senior management
- Further develop S&OP process and bring great collaboration between marketing, operations, trade accounts, and new product design
- Manage ocean freight with an end goal of bringing more of the ocean process in house
- Working with drayage companies to ensure timely delivery or containers once they have arrived in domestic ports
- Communicating with overseas vendors and working with them to move towards Article’s new systems
- Implementation of new supply chain software systems that work with Article's ERP system
- Improve ocean tracking to get better visibility of delays and mitigating impact on customers
- Advanced modelling of warehouse space constraints, network distribution models, and future fill rates
- 5+ years in supply chain management
- Detailed-oriented, organized, and have a good working knowledge of multiple aspects of supply chain
- Purchasing and inventory management experience
- Lean, Six Sigma, or Kanban experience
- Management and leadership experience
- Outstanding multitasking and organizational skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Keen attention to detail
- A team player attitude, also capable of working independently
So what’s in it for you? Article is one of the fastest growing companies in Vancouver. Besides the chance to join a diverse group of Particles working to make the world a more beautiful and comfortable place, you’ll get to take advantage of some pretty great perks.
- You’ll get all the tools you need to get your job done well.
- We believe in the power of a great office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, complimentary snacks, and a killer sushi joint just up the street.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- All employees can enjoy discounts on our products plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- We don’t just crunch the clock and leave; we also have regular extra-curricular activities. We’re open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle?