Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s re-engineering the furniture experience one sofa at a time. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver remarkable value on beautiful, modern furniture. Because of this, we’re growing like crazy and we need a few more hands on deck. Maybe it’s you we’re looking for?
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager to own the design, development, testing, deployment of Article operational systems.
You will significantly impact the Article business by:
- Building a best-in-class engineering team.
- Translating software requirements to design specifications and effectively communicate with team members.
- Driving software engineering best practices.
- Make build versus buy decision.
- Improving team velocity by being the force multiplier for the team.
- Establishing schedule/estimates/delivery timelines for feature release.
- Working closely with the team to define just the right amount of process.
- Mentoring engineers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers.
What will your responsibilities be as a Software Engineering Manager at Article?
- Hire, Motivate and Retain Software Engineers.
- Responsible for the overall software engineering life cycle.
- Ensure that every member of the team is working to at least a reasonable level.
- Ensure sufficient software development processes and tools are in place.
- Breaking down Epics into smaller chunks, and assigning to the right Engineer.
- Vet all user stories and requirements from business and engineering point of view.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Communicating status of your team up and communicating news and decision down.
- Participate in estimation and planning.
- Make sure that the team is communicating with the customer (Sponsors, Users, Partners etc) appropriately.
- Maintain an understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Be the technical expert for all operational products and features (What each feature is and how it works).
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related Engineering fields with 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience either managing software development teams or in a lead technical role.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a software engineer is preferable.
- Familiar with the latest technologies in web front end development.
So what’s in it for you? Besides the chance to join a diverse group of Particles working to make the world a more beautiful and comfortable place, you’ll get to take advantage of some pretty great perks.
- You’ll get all the tools you need to get your job done well.
- Access to a great benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- All employees get amazing discounts on our products so you can style your home how you like it.
- Our kitchen is regularly stocked full of delicious snacks.
- We don’t just crunch the clock and leave; we also have regular extra-curricular activities. We’re open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a particle?