At Article we are re-engineering the furniture shopping experience to deliver remarkable value. Our unique, direct-to-consumer model allows us to deliver high quality original modern furniture at a fraction of the cost of traditional retailers, and this is winning us fans and customers at a tremendous rate.
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our fast growing, fantastic tech team!
Our Philosophy to Technology
- Do things that increase business value.
- Simplicity is more than just a word.
- Automate, Automate and Automate.
- Deploy early and Deploy often.
- Write less code that does more.
What you will be doing here
- New Features and Enhancements to our website https://www.article.com
- And our in house backend system which is the nervous system of our company. It manages, automates and report on factories to final mile deliveries.
- Using our Java stack to integrate front end into the development lifecycle.
- Building applications that are responsive, performant, and accessible.
- Being an advocate throughout the company for great UX.
- Work closely with our UX/UI team to implement the user experience of the application.
- Work closely with our back-end engineers to implement the desired front-end functionalities.
- 8+ years of experience in software development.
- Bachelor Degree or Higher in Computer Science or related fields.
- We are primarily a Java shop, Command over Java is must.
- Expert level knowledge of CSS and SASS
- Experience with a modern framework; e.g. Angular 2, Vue.js, React.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work closely and collaboratively with the rest of the team.
- Should be able to write custom style sheets, as well as refactor and improve existing one.
- Ability to build simple UI experience for the customers.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we take care of our team. We strive to help our customers spend less and live more, and we want to do the same for our staff. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- A comprehensive benefits package (after a 3 month probationary period).
- Significant discounts on our beautiful products to help decorate your home, and also for your friends and family.
- Regular fun, extracurricular activities - we are open to suggestions from the whole team, so come armed with some ideas!
- A regularly stocked kitchen full of delicious things to eat and drink.