Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada’s fastest growing companies for the second year in a row, we’re on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
Article has a unique business model, and we build most of the software we use in house: from the e-commerce solution all the way to the entire supply chain applications.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Back-end) to lead the end to end ownership of architecting, designing, developing and deploying Article's in-house software solutions.
The Senior Software Engineer is an essential contribution to the Article team.
- Being the gatekeeper for the repository by performing code reviews.
- Designing and building software solutions.
- Taking ownership of the up time of all software services.
- Understand business needs and spec-ing out detailed software solutions.
- Being the advocate for good quality code and best practices.
- Improving team velocity by being the force multiplier for the team.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members.
- Work with other team members to find bottlenecks and resolve blocking issues.
- Analysis existing software architecture and suggest improvements.
- Working with stakeholders to review that the implemented solutions meet business goals.
- Channel feedback from stakeholders back into the development cycle.
- 5+ years experience in software development.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Development or related fields.
- We are primarily a Java shop, Excellent command over Java software language is a must.
- Experience building web applications
- Experience building Micro-services.
- Excellent problem solving skills as it relates to software developers.
- Have experience with delivery of several large scale systems.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS database in particular MySQL.
- Proven track record of building scalable Software Architecture.
- Experience building software on AWS platform.
- Experience in other languages is an asset, especially in Python.
- Experience with AWS RDS.
- Experience with AWS DynamoDB.
- Experience with Kafka.
- Experience with event-based architecture.
- Experience with Play framework.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- A team-oriented work environment. Article is lucky to employ a wide range of experts, and seeks to facilitate a culture of mentorship and curiosity. We take on the job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- A great office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, and a variety of ice cream choices just up the street.
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we’d love to have them in the office too.
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and the software you need to succeed.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage.
- Discounts on our products, plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We’re open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.