Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, we’re on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. We are looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to ensure our digital products are developed from a customer-centric design perspective.
Key responsibilities include designing user experiences that meet the needs of both Article customers and internal stakeholders, upholding design best practices, and timely delivery of projects. The Senior Interaction Designer is an essential contribution to the Article team.
Responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- Designing and building digital interfaces that promote usability and enhance a user’s experience of and interactions with our products.
- Creating project artifacts such as prototypes, process flows, and wireframes.
- Translating wireframes into reusable, cross device and responsive prototype
- Collaborating with marketing, creative, data, and technology teams to define, design, and deliver efficient digital solutions.
- Collaborating on the development and maintenance of user experience design standards and guidelines for Article digital content and products.
- Advocating for best practices in user experience and interaction design.
- Exchanging feedback with peers during design reviews.
- Keeping up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in user experience design and front end development.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience designing applications, experiences, websites, products, and services that balance user needs, business objectives and technological constraints.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, with emphasis on UX or equivalent education.
- Experience with multiple user research methods (walkthroughs, user testing, interviews, surveys, etc).
- Able to work independently and prioritize work effectively.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Able to communicate ideas clearly.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to quickly understand systems and iterate ideas to improve them.
- Proficient in common design softwares and tools.
Bonus points if:
Please note that this is not a visual or graphic design position, nor is it a front end developer position.
- Data visualization and information architecture design skills.
- Ability to prototype and translate designs to code like CSS/HTML/JS with or without libraries.
- Experience mentoring other designers.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- A team-oriented work environment. Article is lucky to employ a wide range of experts, and seeks to facilitate a culture of mentorship and curiosity. We take on-the-job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- A great office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, and a variety of ice cream choices just up the street.
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we’d love to have them in the office too.
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and the software you need to succeed.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage.
- Discounts on our products, plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We’re open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.