Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, we’re on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
We’re looking for a reliable, creative, and enthusiastic Logistics Supervisor to oversee our Line Haul team in providing a remarkably better delivery experience to our customers.
Responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- Create tools and processes that accurately estimate and analyze freight costs.
- Build resources for freight tracking to allow for quicker and more thorough issue prevention and resolution.
- Conducting KPI analysis on assigned carriers, with the goal of improving both carrier performance and customer satisfaction with product delivery.
- Identifying areas of improvement, and assigning appropriate resources within the team.
- Reviewing and actioning escalations from customers, carriers, and staff.
- Ensuring accuracy of invoices.
- Developing strong, positive relationships with key contacts at vendors and other facilities.
- Reviewing the carrier scorecard for compliance and improvement opportunities.
- Creating and implementing operational procedures for the Logistics team.
- Reviewing and evaluating team performance, and contributing to the development of team members.
- Working with staff to allocate workloads within the department, including the hiring of new Particles.
- 3 - 5 years work experience in transportation or logistics.
- 1 - 2 years experience supervising a team.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Logical reasoning skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Creative and ambitious.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility with working hours - occasional weekend or after hours work may be required.
- Bachelor's’ degree in logistics or transportation is an asset.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and monitors, keyboards, laser printing, wireless mouses, and the software you need to succeed.
- A great office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, complimentary snacks, and a variety of ice cream choices just up the street.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage.
- Discounts on our products, plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We’re open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.